Home

Can anyone help me with the PES learning curve?

This is a discussion on Can anyone help me with the PES learning curve? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-24-2020, 09:57 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Can anyone help me with the PES learning curve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanwa
You set the auto subs up in your game plan or use the d-pad during stoppage. In your controller settings where you choose pass assistance, shooting difficulty you can change the cursor to display player name.

Another quick tip, super cancel is your friend (R1+R2) can be used on offense and defense.
Will keep super cancel in mind. Hopefully this doesn't make me completely forget the FIFA controls by the time it comes out lol. I did figure out the display player name thing which is nice. I'm still not getting the auto subs to work idk what I'm doing wrong. It keeps wanting me to click the dpad to do it myself. Maybe I'm just not waiting long enough and I start doing it myself or what idk.

Outside of that I'm having a lot of fun. Just a lot to learn for an American sports fan who isn't all that familiar (luckily I do have a lot of playtime this year with FIFA and watching premier league/bundesliga)
Old 09-24-2020, 01:48 PM   #18
Rookie

hitmanwa's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRyan
Will keep super cancel in mind. Hopefully this doesn't make me completely forget the FIFA controls by the time it comes out lol. I did figure out the display player name thing which is nice. I'm still not getting the auto subs to work idk what I'm doing wrong. It keeps wanting me to click the dpad to do it myself. Maybe I'm just not waiting long enough and I start doing it myself or what idk.

Outside of that I'm having a lot of fun. Just a lot to learn for an American sports fan who isn't all that familiar (luckily I do have a lot of playtime this year with FIFA and watching premier league/bundesliga)
I was right with ya 4 years ago. Grew up on American football and baseball. Soccer was foreign to me but I love it now. Tactics are fascinating and the depth of the sport blows me away. Watch videos and even watch your own matches to see where you left a pass or didn’t see a run. Biggest thing for me was learning to look for the final pass and not take a **** the first opportunity I have. A lot of times there’s 1 more pass to make for a better angle. Also get to know your players. Height, weight, first touch all matter. Find the guys that feel right to you.
Old 09-24-2020, 05:56 PM   #19
Rookie

hitmanwa's Arena

Asking this here as it may be helpful to others as well. Hoping some of the more experienced know the answer. Is it player id or just something funky I’m doing?

Have 2 squads w Fisher. All tactics are the same and I have the DMF set to defensive I both. Both are Anchors but Javi Martinez is all over the place and runs high up the pitch near my strikers sometimes chasing a CB w the ball but, Ndini stays back and protects the line like I’d expect. Any particular reason for the difference?
Old 09-24-2020, 06:06 PM   #20
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Asking this here as it may be helpful to others as well. Hoping some of the more experienced know the answer. Is it player id or just something funky I’m doing?

Have 2 squads w Fisher. All tactics are the same and I have the DMF set to defensive I both. Both are Anchors but Javi Martinez is all over the place and runs high up the pitch near my strikers sometimes chasing a CB w the ball but, Ndini stays back and protects the line like I’d expect. Any particular reason for the difference?

I’m away from my PS4 but it sounds like Javi has “extra frontman” as a player trait which makes him either join in on attacks and/or come high up the pitch to win the ball back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2020, 06:12 PM   #21
Rookie

hitmanwa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I’m away from my PS4 but it sounds like Javi has “extra frontman” as a player trait which makes him either join in on attacks and/or come high up the pitch to win the ball back.

He is an Anchor Dmf, same as Ndini. That’s what seems weird. Also apologize, 2nd player is Ndidi, misspelled it.

Last edited by hitmanwa; 09-24-2020 at 06:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2020, 06:56 PM   #22
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
He is an Anchor Dmf, same as Ndini. That’s what seems weird. Also apologize, 2nd player is Ndidi, misspelled it.

The only thing I can think of is use the “defensive” advanced instruction and select him

Old 09-27-2020, 09:58 AM   #23
Rookie

So I’ve noticed the regular rosters aren’t up to date (I tried applying live rosters or whatever) but semedo isn’t on Wolves, Thiago is still with Bayern, etc. and also the kit numbers are messed up like on chelsea Havertz is 23 and silva is 26. Anything I’m doing wrong?
Old 09-27-2020, 10:16 AM   #24
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRyan
So I’ve noticed the regular rosters aren’t up to date (I tried applying live rosters or whatever) but semedo isn’t on Wolves, Thiago is still with Bayern, etc. and also the kit numbers are messed up like on chelsea Havertz is 23 and silva is 26. Anything I’m doing wrong?
Live updates just change the ratings of players based on their current real world form. Rosters changes get updated with data packs. The transfer window doesn't close until Oct. 5th and the data pack is scheduled to be released on Oct. 22nd I believe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »