Home

Breaking Down PES 2019's Master League Reveal

This is a discussion on Breaking Down PES 2019's Master League Reveal within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-27-2018, 11:47 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Breaking Down PES 2019's Master League Reveal

Once upon a time, Master League was the gold standard for footy franchise modes. Sadly, Master League...

Written By: Kevin Groves

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2018, 11:29 AM   #2
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
They said the ML overhaul is a 3 year project so I guess I'll be back for year 3. Yeah, they'll never say it but they simply don't seem to care enough because of MyCLub. These are* all the new additions for year 1? SMH. The regeneration of retired players/broken youth system and poor presentation are my biggest gripes with the mode. Someone else said on here it's best to play this mode as a Season Mode with different teams these days. So disappointing for a game I really enjoy on the pitch. I guess the new licenses count as work towards the mode...I guess. Guess we can only see what happens next year.*
Old 07-30-2018, 03:04 AM   #3
MVP

lareka's Arena

OVR: 0
I don't think it's a disappointment. ML is quite good in PES 2018 and it's quite realistic. I played 6 years with PARMA Calcio and in 4th /5th year the youngsters that develop into nice players are actually players who are good in real life as well ! Their scouting job was pretty neat ! I won Serie A three times in a row and made the C. League final once but still can 't attract top players from Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus and so on. So the reputation factor is realistic, even if you win a few cups, you don't become a top side in the world just because of that
Old 07-30-2018, 09:16 AM   #4
Rookie

Re: Breaking Down PES 2019's Master League Reveal

Trades & transfers and the logic game revs use is abysmal in general. Think mlb the show and how you can trade for aaron Judge from the yankees simply by offering 2 C-grade minor leaguers - then to add insult to injury the text in the trade window says the yankees "are excited to make this deal" lol

Games need to really sort trade / transfer logic out. Offseason logic needs to be completely different than the in-season deadlines as teams shake out for the playoffs and may look to add to their rosters. I play all the sports games each year and can pretty much trade garbage for any player at any time

Madden for some reason is the most difficult with one caveat- acquiring other teams 1st round draft picks. That's next to impossible. I can prune ezekiel elliott away from the cowboys 10 times over but they wont give the 1st rounder up for anything lol
Old 07-30-2018, 09:50 AM   #5
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by feztonio
Trades & transfers and the logic game revs use is abysmal in general. Think mlb the show and how you can trade for aaron Judge from the yankees simply by offering 2 C-grade minor leaguers - then to add insult to injury the text in the trade window says the yankees "are excited to make this deal" lol

Games need to really sort trade / transfer logic out. Offseason logic needs to be completely different than the in-season deadlines as teams shake out for the playoffs and may look to add to their rosters. I play all the sports games each year and can pretty much trade garbage for any player at any time

Madden for some reason is the most difficult with one caveat- acquiring other teams 1st round draft picks. That's next to impossible. I can prune ezekiel elliott away from the cowboys 10 times over but they wont give the 1st rounder up for anything lol
Can you give one or two examples to terrible trades in Pes Master League in 2018?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2018, 07:05 PM   #6
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by lareka
Can you give one or two examples to terrible trades in Pes Master League in 2018?
The transfer logic was poor.

I've seen Arsenal & Liverpool sell off most of their first team in the first transfer window.

Here are some of the reasons why I think Master League is poor (purely my opinion of course):

Everyone starts with the same youth squad (unacceptable in 2018)
Regens (Seeing a 16yr old Buffon in your academy isn't fun at all, especially if you're a low table side)
Rivalry Match logic is screwy when it comes to CPU over-aggressiveness
Transfer prices are insanely low
European players regularly transferring to South American clubs
Form arrows are completely random
etc...

FIFA's is far from perfect and tbh, the man-management might be worse but the youth system, player development, and transfer logic are much better.
Old 07-31-2018, 04:45 AM   #7
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
The transfer logic was poor.

Here are some of the reasons why I think Master League is poor (purely my opinion of course):

Everyone starts with the same youth squad (unacceptable in 2018)
Regens (Seeing a 16yr old Buffon in your academy isn't fun at all, especially if you're a low table side)
Rivalry Match logic is screwy when it comes to CPU over-aggressiveness
Transfer prices are insanely low
European players regularly transferring to South American clubs
Form arrows are completely random
etc...
"I've seen Arsenal & Liverpool sell off most of their first team in the first transfer window."

In my time in ML in Pes 2017 and Pes 2018 - 6 teams total with 4 seasons at least I've seen teams selling good players but they are also buying good players in return! Maybe the one thing that i'd complain is that the turnover rate of CPU controlled teams is not as it's supposed to be as they retain 80 % of their squad in 5 years. That's very unrealistic in today's football.

I agree with youth team players and famous players starting in youth teams at the age of 16. It kills the realism of the game and it puts 5 year limit to my ML as it becomes much more unrealistic with time goes on.

Rivarly logic is screwy but it's not bad. The level of aggresiveness of CPU can be toned down but i like the idea that you have work more to win in rivalry games. That's the case in real football too.

Transfer prices are low but it's low when you buy and when you sell. So if you look at the difference it's okay. You can buy a top player for 50- 60 mil euro and you sell your top player at the same price level. It doesn't create any disadvantage. No big deal.

What i like in ML is their strong scouting and promising players in real life is developing in ML in a few years. And i like the idea of older players regressing by age.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »