Home

PES 2018 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3, PS4, 360, Xbox One, PC)

This is a discussion on PES 2018 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3, PS4, 360, Xbox One, PC) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-30-2017, 06:52 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: PES 2018 Demo Available Now (Change region to New Zealand)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
I put the game on superstar full-manual to test it, and....

OMG I can't believe how bad the game is. Shockingly bad. The game has gone backwards from the beta. Now all the players feel like you are controlling agile floating twigs. The ball physics are insanely limited. The size of the field is insanely big so space is conceded at ease. I really can't think of a single upside. It is utter garbage.

I look forward to being told by someone in the pes authoritarian podcast "press" about the greatness of this game. HAHAH.
You are a certified troll in your despise for PES, i donīt know how the mods didnīt punt you out already with all your spamming on PES threads.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:12 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
You are a certified troll in your despise for PES, i donīt know how the mods didnīt punt you out already with all your spamming on PES threads.
Agree, the guy is annoying.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:47 AM   #19
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
I put the game on superstar full-manual to test it, and....

OMG I can't believe how bad the game is. Shockingly bad. The game has gone backwards from the beta. Now all the players feel like you are controlling agile floating twigs. The ball physics are insanely limited. The size of the field is insanely big so space is conceded at ease. I really can't think of a single upside. It is utter garbage.

I look forward to being told by someone in the pes authoritarian podcast "press" about the greatness of this game. HAHAH.
Fake news everyone, nothing to see here.

You're embarrassing yourself with such an inaccurate comment.

I never understood people like you; the fanboy, if you will.

Does EA pay you to lie? What about FIFA makes you make up stories, exactly?

I buy FIFA and PES every year; one for the bells and whistles, and one for authentic gameplay. There's nothing wrong with liking more than one game.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:52 AM   #20
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaxy
Quick observations after 6 games, 10 minutes each, played on Top Player, assist on 1.
I drew 2, lost 3 and won 2

Positives:
+ Great lighting touches - shadows, reflections, grass, kits, colours - everything looks much crisper - especially in daylight (night light is still far inferior).
+ Player models look more realistic (more slender)
+ You can beat players with speed bursts and quick changes of directions, much more intuitive
+ AI seems better. Instead of retreating when you're in possession of the ball, CPU strikers and wingers now press you in your own half.
+ The game feels a bit looser, there are more stray balls
+ There are some very nice new animations, which make for an organic, fluid game.
+ Controls are tighter, more responsive
+ Players run at different speeds - you can really tell when you're jogging or running at full speed.
+ New free kick cam

Concerns:
- Night light is still far inferior. I hope Konami will give users the option to choose day / nigh in offline league mode, as I will always choose day. Last year, this option was locked and it defaulted to night most of the time. Konami please take note.
- Players still take forever to recover when they are tackled and lose the ball. Somehow the CPU does not suffer from this as much as the human controlled player
- The shots feel floaty when playing with advanced shooting. Shots lack zip and speed somehow. In contrast, when set on 'Basic' shooting is too assisted and too accurate.
- The defensive line is still way too deep, especially the fullbacks.
- When the CPU is under pressure and clears the ball, the ball still lasers always to a CPU player
- Assist at level 1 is still too assisted, whereas level 0 is way too loose and frustrating
Won't fix all your gripes, but try Manuel Everything. On FIFA it's impossible for me to play manual, especially online because I think EA believes manual = sending your passes in an opposite direction (I use semi for most things except Shooting, Lobbed Passes and Through balls).

However, on PES, set EVERYTHING to manual and give it time. It is AMAZING. You actually control where everything goes once you get a hang of it. Manual shooting is weighted; through balls are hard as hell but amazing when pulling it off.

Remember, long balls, through balls, crosses, and passes in coverage are very difficult in real life so it's ok to lose possession in PES as well. Adds to the authenticity.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:29 AM   #21
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peji911
Won't fix all your gripes, but try Manuel Everything. On FIFA it's impossible for me to play manual, especially online because I think EA believes manual = sending your passes in an opposite direction (I use semi for most things except Shooting, Lobbed Passes and Through balls).

However, on PES, set EVERYTHING to manual and give it time. It is AMAZING. You actually control where everything goes once you get a hang of it. Manual shooting is weighted; through balls are hard as hell but amazing when pulling it off.

Remember, long balls, through balls, crosses, and passes in coverage are very difficult in real life so it's ok to lose possession in PES as well. Adds to the authenticity.

I cannot agree with this enough. Manual changed PES for me a few years ago when I finally made the switch. I am still pretty bad at shooting but when you score from distance, it feels amazing. Passing is hard at first but once you get the hang of it, it is very rewarding.

Through balls and crosses are still my main issues. But that makes me slow down and focus on a cross instead of just running to the byline and hitting the button to fire a cross in. Now I have to create space and have time to get the cross off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 11:48 AM   #22
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: PES 2018 Demo Available Now

Up on PSN now.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...AFranchise2017

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-30-2017, 11:51 AM   #23
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: PES 2018 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

My biggest problem with the demo is the lack of fouls again and the fact that it is too easy to play the ball out wide and dribble down the sidelines to get a cross in. Granted it doesn't always result in a goal but it is like the defenders have no desire to try and win the ball or prevent the cross and that was on Top Player. I am still getting the game but it is concerning.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:11 PM   #24
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PES 2018 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Anyone want to get a few shareplay matches later on tonight (assuming this feature works for the demo) I am curious to see what some human vs human matches are like with this code. I know I have KG, ezio, dmendy and ezsmilez psn ids. Just let me know psn Rammel29 I will be free between 6PM-9PM EDT tonight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »