Home

Advanced Shooting Broken?

This is a discussion on Advanced Shooting Broken? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-29-2014, 12:42 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Advanced Shooting Broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaptor

But I had to go back to manual shooting after about 10 games because I've been hitting crossbar at least 5 times per game also.

Konami should be able to address this soon I hope.
I'm not sure if there is anything for konami to address in this. It just takes time to adjust to. I don't personally use it anymore because I found it too cumbersome to use.

It seems there are two options, manual and advanced. In Manual you control the height of the ball with the power up. In advanced you control the height of the ball with the stick. Maybe there is technically more control with advanced, but I'm not sure if it really adds as much to the experience as it demands.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:21 AM   #10
Rookie

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue. I have been hitting the crossbar 3-4 times most games playing on normal and never hitting shots above half power. I've even had shots that I just tapped (10-20% power) from about 5 meters out hit the crossbar. It's infuriating to say the least. I've tried holding the stick down, away from the goal, and diagonally down+away and I think I managed ONE goal that stayed low. Nearly every shot goes high and most hit the crossbar. In about 2 hours of gameplay I hit the crossbar about 15 times. It was so bad I even used share factory on PS4 to make a fails compilation of some of them. Guess I have to avoid the advanced method of shooting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhUlsBRmWZ0
Old 02-14-2015, 06:34 PM   #11
Rookie

Well I think I figured it out.

Typically, at least for me, when you shoot you are running or at least turning/moving towards the goal. When your player releases his shot and you are still pressing toward the goal, that causes your shot to go high. You have to push away from the goal to keep your shot low. I know it's strange at first but practice it a bit in an exhibition match to get the feel for it.

Running toward the goal... press and hold shoot for power...as soon as you release the shoot button to take the shot press away from the goal. Your shot should stay low. I even managed to take a couple full power shots that stayed nearly on the ground this way. I have barely been able to score even 1 goal a game before and once I got the timing down I won 4-0 and didn't hit the crossbar once.

I guess my issue was the running towards the goal while shooting and not pressing away quickly enough resulted in a ton of crossbar hits. Hope this helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »