Home

PES 2015 Demo Scheduled to Arrive on September 23rd, Details Included

This is a discussion on PES 2015 Demo Scheduled to Arrive on September 23rd, Details Included within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-20-2014, 04:17 PM   #73
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: PES 2015 Demo Scheduled to Arrive on September 23rd, Details Included

I tried out the demo and it feels really good, but I definitely have gripes. I'm not seeing the back passes and buildup that people are seeing. I honestly haven't seen anything remotely close to it. It's just fast paced up and down action similar to the FIFA demo. I understand it's a demo on normal speed (most likely) but I'm still not seeing it. I think editing the tactics would probably help in this regard as well. Honestly it seemed the CPU's offense consisted of launching balls with perfect accuracy to the forwards. I'm talking balls from the defensive half of the field all the way down around the box on my end and it would be a perfect delivery every time. I was playing on Superstar btw. It got a bit old after a while.

I will say this though, there is no question in my mind this game has more of a "anything can happen" type feel to it. It definitely beats FIFA in that regard. However, PES absolutely needs sliders. That's what FIFA has going for it. You can play and judge the FIFA demo all you want, but with a good slider set you can get a pretty good representation of soccer. Also PES just lacks the atmosphere and obviously licenses that I just can't see myself playing this game regularly. The replay value just doesn't seem to be there for me, and with the fact the PS4 doesn't have the ability to support images you can't even edit the teams. That's what sucks. I'm thinking maybe I will pick this up when it is on sale, which won't be for a really long time. At that time though the Champions League will really be heating up and PES is good for that.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 09-20-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:23 PM   #74
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
I tried out the demo and it feels really good, but I definitely have gripes. I'm not seeing the back passes and buildup that people are seeing. I honestly haven't seen anything remotely close to it. It's just fast paced up and down action similar to the FIFA demo. I understand it's a demo on normal speed (most likely) but I'm still not seeing it. I think editing the tactics would probably help in this regard as well. Honestly it seemed the CPU's offense consisted of launching balls with perfect accuracy to the forwards. I'm talking balls from the defensive half of the field all the way down around the box on my end and it would be a perfect delivery every time. I was playing on Superstar btw. It got a bit old after a while.

I will say this though, there is no question in my mind this game has more of a "anything can happen" type feel to it. It definitely beats FIFA in that regard. However, PES absolutely needs sliders. That's what FIFA has going for it. You can play and judge the FIFA demo all you want, but with a good slider set you can get a pretty good representation of soccer. Also PES just lakes the atmosphere and obviously licenses that I just can't see myself playing this game regularly. The replay value just doesn't seem to be there for me, and with the fact the PS4 doesn't have the ability to support images you can't even edit the teams. That's what sucks. I'm thinking maybe I will pick this up when it is on sale, which won't be for a really long time. At that time though the Champions League will really be heating up and PES is good for that.
Just out of curiosity what level were you playing on? If you were playing on regular try putting on Superstar.

EDIT - Never mind. I saw you were on superstar. Who were you playing against?
Old 09-20-2014, 10:19 PM   #75
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Best sports demo since nba 2k11. The gameplay is the best of any spots game that was released this year. Even better than mlb the show. The flow of the game is good, and every player and team is different. There is alot of buildup play and it takes work to get scoring opportunities.

I dont like how every cpu player has a great first touch and this is problematic in time of possession and team passing accuracy stats. Additionally, the goalies still need some work. Other then these two issues that are major but correctalbe, the game is extremely fun and plays like what I see on tv. I have played about 20 to 25 games on superstar 10 min. Manual everything with one bar pass assist. Thank you Pes you have saved me from the dead sports video game month of september.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2014, 10:53 PM   #76
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
Just out of curiosity what level were you playing on? If you were playing on regular try putting on Superstar.

EDIT - Never mind. I saw you were on superstar. Who were you playing against?
The first game I was Real Madrid vs. Barcelona. The second game I was Athletic vs. Barcelona. I really wanted to see the rating separation and I got crushed. The third I was Juventas vs. Bayern.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 09-21-2014, 04:15 AM   #77
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Best sports demo since nba 2k11. The gameplay is the best of any spots game that was released this year. Even better than mlb the show. The flow of the game is good, and every player and team is different. There is alot of buildup play and it takes work to get scoring opportunities.

I dont like how every cpu player has a great first touch and this is problematic in time of possession and team passing accuracy stats. Additionally, the goalies still need some work. Other then these two issues that are major but correctalbe, the game is extremely fun and plays like what I see on tv. I have played about 20 to 25 games on superstar 10 min. Manual everything with one bar pass assist. Thank you Pes you have saved me from the dead sports video game month of september.
I am a manual everything player as well even passing. But, I have recently been thinking to give one bar pass assist a try. Your post has confirmed that thought. Thank you sir.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:48 AM   #78
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
I am a manual everything player as well even passing. But, I have recently been thinking to give one bar pass assist a try. Your post has confirmed that thought. Thank you sir.
I do it so that the passer ratings matter.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 09-21-2014, 07:45 AM   #79
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
The first game I was Real Madrid vs. Barcelona. The second game I was Athletic vs. Barcelona. I really wanted to see the rating separation and I got crushed. The third I was Juventas vs. Bayern.
Trying playing against Atletico Madrid and see if they keep possession.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:24 PM   #80
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob

One thing to keep in mind about the 1st touches is that the teams in the demo all have very good players. I'll be interested to see how lesser teams/players play.

I've had the ball bounce up on me before when I hit a pass too hard. Speaking of passing, there are too many well hit passes that stay on the ground where they should be bouncing once or twice. I'm talking about passes that cover a pretty good distance (over 15 yds+)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »