Home

**Official PES 2011 PC Impressions**

This is a discussion on **Official PES 2011 PC Impressions** within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-19-2010, 11:38 PM   #57
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: **Official PES 2011 PC Impressions**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox
Alright guys...I am in need of assistance. I absolutely, for the life of me, cannot make this work. First, some preface.

I have been using the razib patch (see above for link). I never started a Master League with that patch. I just played tournaments/exhibition matches. So then I went on a download bender to make things perfect for my Chelsea ML.

So I Downloaded a Stamford Bridge and other assorted EPL stadiums, an EPL score overlay, facepacks, bootpacks, ballpacks, you name it. After installing all of this to my liking, it was time to start. I go to start my first game, and as soon as I selected "start match", the game crashed. Restarted, tried again, crash. Detached Kitserver, the ML worked. Re-Attached it and began removing things piece by piece. After growing tired of this fruitless endeavor, I decided to completely wipe my kitserver folder, and re install everything piece by piece.

I installed the patch first, went to make sure it wasn't the patch, and sure enough, it crashed. "Time to get a new patch..." I mumbled to myself, content that I had solved the problem. I downloaded the PESVN patch, seen here.

After a long wait between limits on those file hosts and completing the complicated install without formal instructions (if anyone needs help with that patch, PM me.), I got it running. Great! Time to finally start my ML.

Crash.

By this point I am irate, Livid, Fuming. Here is what I mean.

Me at the pre-match screen before my first match of the season against Liverpool:

After:

I know this is likely not going to be solved by people who cannot see the files themselves. I am just submitting this desperate grievance to anyone who can help. I have tried what seems like everything.

tl;dr:
  • Exhibition works
  • Tournaments work
  • Master League freezes when I try to start a game
  • Tried 2 patches, happens on both
  • Does not happen when kitserver is detached.
Once again, I welcome any and all suggestions.
what version kitserver are you using? That exact thing happened to me with one of the early versions and actually ended up killing my system. I have now installed the game again with a Mexican league patch (couldnt resist it) and also the latest version of kitserver and running with no problems and really enjoying the pc version again.

Maybe some patches don't work too well with certain versions of kitserver?
Old 12-19-2010, 11:50 PM   #58
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
what version kitserver are you using? That exact thing happened to me with one of the early versions and actually ended up killing my system. I have now installed the game again with a Mexican league patch (couldnt resist it) and also the latest version of kitserver and running with no problems and really enjoying the pc version again.

Maybe some patches don't work too well with certain versions of kitserver?
Running kitserver 10.0.4.

This whole thing is illogical. I can't see why this is happening. I've tried a blank OF, I've tried a blank edit data, I've tried a ton of things.

Is there an new version of kitserver?
Old 12-19-2010, 11:57 PM   #59
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

Quote:
Running kitserver 10.0.4.

This whole thing is illogical. I can't see why this is happening. I've tried a blank OF, I've tried a blank edit data, I've tried a ton of things.

Is there an new version of kitserver?
I'm running 10.0.3. It came bundled in the patch I downloaded, so I am assuming the creator of the patch I'm using was working with 10.0.3 as well, thus leaving me with a well functioning patch.....for now I suppose.

Did your patch come with a separate .exe file?
Old 12-20-2010, 12:03 AM   #60
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

Quote:
I'm running 10.0.3. It came bundled in the patch I downloaded, so I am assuming the creator of the patch I'm using was working with 10.0.3 as well, thus leaving me with a well functioning patch.....for now I suppose.

Did your patch come with a separate .exe file?
It came with like 6. Kitserver is attached to all of them. The .exe I have been using is a selector. It allows you to select an additional stadiums, score overlays, and to choose the D2 league. From there you can launch the game and the game with Komu's gameplay patch (2 separate options). Came with 10.0.4, I'm not sure why you're using 10.0.3 since 10.0.4 is required (as far as I can tell) to use the 1.02 patch (which I would count as necessary.)

Here's what I don't get. I cannot even save my master league file. When I go to save, it crashes.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:11 AM   #61
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

Quote:
It came with like 6. Kitserver is attached to all of them. The .exe I have been using is a selector. It allows you to select an additional stadiums, score overlays, and to choose the D2 league. From there you can launch the game and the game with Komu's gameplay patch (2 separate options). Came with 10.0.4, I'm not sure why you're using 10.0.3 since 10.0.4 is required (as far as I can tell) to use the 1.02 patch (which I would count as necessary.)

Here's what I don't get. I cannot even save my master league file. When I go to save, it crashes.
I'm on 1.01. I'm enjoying the game as is. I'm tempted to try 1.02 but I don't wanna mess up anything.

Your patch sounds like alot going on in it. Maybe more of a chance for something to wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2010, 12:15 AM   #62
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

Quote:
I'm on 1.01. I'm enjoying the game as is. I'm tempted to try 1.02 but I don't wanna mess up anything.

Your patch sounds like alot going on in it. Maybe more of a chance for something to wrong.
There's a ton going on. But the thing that strikes me is that I had the same issue in my last patch. If I understood how modding for this game works, I might be able to make sense of this. That seems impossible to learn because I can't find anything, anywhere.

I really don't want to reinstall PES. Anyone else out there with possible answers? Why is it just ML? Why can't I save it? I can go through the little tutorial thing, and the weeks leading up to my first match, and then it freezes.

Something, somewhere, in one of my folders not affected by patch installation, something has to be astray. Or maybe I just missed something in the kitserver root.

Time for more trial and error, I guess.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:39 PM   #63
An Old Trafford

Leon's Arena

OVR: 16

Just jumped of the PES wagon and WOW! Can't believe I didn't jump in sooner. I've played it before on the 360 but the non-licensed teams really turned me off so I guess I never gave it a chance. Reading thru all the threads here about how big the editing community is for this game finally convinced to give it a real shot.

All I have to say is this is how videogame football should be. I jumped in at just the right time too since all the previous versions of next-gen PES haven't been living up to its namesake and it seems like everyone is convinced it's heading back in the right direction. Awesome, awesome game!

@nicroni
Old 12-31-2010, 10:55 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

The wife and I just got a nice new gaming laptop.

Where can I find this game for the PC?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »