Home

Call me crazy but....im actually enjoying the grappling in UFC 4

This is a discussion on Call me crazy but....im actually enjoying the grappling in UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-21-2021, 11:02 AM   #1
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Arrow Call me crazy but....im actually enjoying the grappling in UFC 4

Between the chain wrestling, the threat of submissions, and the balancing of GnP, grappling has been pretty fun lately. Picked the game back up after the latest patch and things seem to be decently smooth.

I do wish the organic GnP was a tad bit more dangerous though. Like give us the option to throw elbows and hammerfists from top positions that would do more damage with each one landed.

As long as UFC 4 feels like a MMA game with grappling being respected and feeling like a real threat, then im happy. They are on the right track with this i'd say.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2021, 02:22 PM   #2
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Call me crazy but....im actually enjoying the grappling in UFC 4

Glad you're having fun with it. The game certainly has potential but it doesn't feel complete. The clinch is a disaster and leaves the game nearly unplayable for me. 3, 4 fights and it gets turned off for something else.
Old 04-21-2021, 03:41 PM   #3
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

Yeah the clinch can still be annoying but it's a lot easier to deal with now vs how it was at launch.

I just like it when grappling feels dangerous and you can get finished at anytime on the ground.

The striking still has major issues IMO so i won't even get into that. That's why i'm just sticking with grappling at the moment.
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 04-22-2021, 02:02 AM   #4
Pro

Online ranked is pretty annoying. People with gaming monitors spam takedowns and clinch to get to the rear naked choke or side saddle arm triangle possible where the sub is nearly impossible to get out of even with a stamina advantage.
Old 04-22-2021, 01:23 PM   #5
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
Online ranked is pretty annoying. People with gaming monitors spam takedowns and clinch to get to the rear naked choke or side saddle arm triangle possible where the sub is nearly impossible to get out of even with a stamina advantage.
I feel you. I've encountered a few them already. It doesn't bother me too much though because if i let them get my back or side saddle then that's really on me. Those positions take a little bit of work to achieve so I can understand why those submissions are strong.

Letting someone get your back in MMA is a huge no-no....it's not a death sentence but it's also not something that you want to happen. So if the subs from those positions stay strong then i won't be too mad
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2021, 04:44 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I feel you. I've encountered a few them already. It doesn't bother me too much though because if i let them get my back or side saddle then that's really on me. Those positions take a little bit of work to achieve so I can understand why those submissions are strong.

Letting someone get your back in MMA is a huge no-no....it's not a death sentence but it's also not something that you want to happen. So if the subs from those positions stay strong then i won't be too mad
That is true in MMA, not in EA UFC 4. You can be an elite player and lose to a guy because you got side saddled, its basically instant death and the main route to victory for the top player.

If a player spams clinch and gets even one hip toss you're basically done.

Here is a guy demonstrating pretty good TDD getting beat by this bum tactic.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:23 PM   #7
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

Yeah that video was pretty disgusting. The problem there though, is how easy it is to bail on the TD and get over-under/back clinch. Those backpack/TD denials also should've drained a lot more of his stamina.

I'm all for positions like Side Saddle, Back Mount, Back Sitting, Crucifix being deadly and able to finish the fight......but it has to be harder to get to those positions for sure.
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 04-22-2021, 06:27 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti

As someone already pointed out, this is not true. You are always only two inputs away from either side saddle or back sitting. One input is undeniable and the other is a 50/50.

Also, side saddle is such a low percentage place to achieve an arm triangle and armbar IRL. The damage you do from that position alone is good enough. Give a transition option to go back into crucifix and significantly lower the submission power.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »