Home

Haven't played since November, but is counter striking viable in this game yet?

This is a discussion on Haven't played since November, but is counter striking viable in this game yet? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-02-2021, 01:23 PM   #1
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Haven't played since November, but is counter striking viable in this game yet?

I'm legit curious and not trying to put the game down in anyway. But i just havent played in months as i've been occupied with other stuff. Looking to pick it back up as i have a little more time now.

Is counter striking a viable tactic at all levels of skill? I remember pressure/volume being the meta when I left, but there's been a few patches since then. Is the damage on counter strikes at appropriate levels? Genuinely looking for feedback.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2021, 03:09 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Haven't played since November, but is counter striking viable in this game yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I'm legit curious and not trying to put the game down in anyway. But i just havent played in months as i've been occupied with other stuff. Looking to pick it back up as i have a little more time now.

Is counter striking a viable tactic at all levels of skill? I remember pressure/volume being the meta when I left, but there's been a few patches since then. Is the damage on counter strikes at appropriate levels? Genuinely looking for feedback.
People here will say no, but Pryoxis continues to show with every video that counter striking is not only viable, but probably the best way to play.
Old 04-02-2021, 03:44 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Haven't played since November, but is counter striking viable in this game yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
People here will say no, but Pryoxis continues to show with every video that counter striking is not only viable, but probably the best way to play.
I agree, it is effective when done correctly. The patches have done a lot to make the super aggressive styles easier to deal with. I wish the in and out movement was a little smoother. I feel like it is hard to hang out just outside striking range where I want to be to counter. You are kind of either inside or way outside, it’s hard to be sneaky and slip in a shot when they aren’t expecting it.
Old 04-03-2021, 04:40 AM   #4
Pro

You gotta be really good at head movement to pull off counters. Look up great mist gaming on YT. Dude beats a lot of top players with counter punching.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:09 PM   #5
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

I can't speak to how things are online but ive had fun counter striking success against the pro ai. I play a universe, so im constantly changing the fighter ai types in custom fight now. i like working counter striking against one of the brawler types who just keep coming and coming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2021, 10:48 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
I think that has to do with the fact that he is an elite player and most players aren't. If you took other ESFL players, most of the best are not counter fighters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »