Home

Is it possible to bring back the old sub system in a patch?

This is a discussion on Is it possible to bring back the old sub system in a patch? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-14-2021, 07:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is it possible to bring back the old sub system in a patch?

This one takes little to no skill. And with how denials aren't responsive and stats don't matter it just makes the ground completely skillless. This game is all about who can get the rear baked first. Stam doesn't matter. Sub defense doesn't matter. Please patch in 3s. This one albeit a good try to capture an element of undisputed is a failure.

As someone who's played mma games for close to 20 years we should be so far ahead by now in terms of what's possible in an mma game. The gates feel more balanced and thought out.

And if you want to capture something from undisputed bring back the ground and pound. Ground and pound in this game is pillow fisted and too easy to give up your back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2021, 07:27 PM   #2
Just started!

Re: Is it possible to bring back the old sub system in a patch?

I wish they revert to the UFC 3 sub game.

The new mini games aren’t fun at all & rely too much on stamina. (Why even have the mini game when it’s impossible to win at full stamina).

I think there are just too many things wrong with this iteration of EA UFC & just hope they have a reset & focus more on gameplay for the next one, instead of dumbing down the game for casuals
Old 03-14-2021, 07:39 PM   #3
Pro

Yeah we’ve definitely gone backwards since UD3, even just since the last game, the ground and pound has notably worsened.

But the submission minigame is one of the few improvements, at least in theory. Maybe it isn’t so functional in practice. The differentiation between arm and choke subs is a good thing. I also like the tactical dynamic of the minigames, where patient and meaningful movements are awarded as opposed to frantic movements.

But I agree something’s off. Certain submissions just seem way to easy to escape, others are nearly impossible to escape. Short term stamina plays far too much of a role in submissions as well I believe. They’re way too high percentage when there’s a stamina discrepancy. Shouldn’t sweat and slipperiness be taken into account?
Old 03-14-2021, 07:49 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFan
I wish they revert to the UFC 3 sub game.

The new mini games aren’t fun at all & rely too much on stamina. (Why even have the mini game when it’s impossible to win at full stamina).

I think there are just too many things wrong with this iteration of EA UFC & just hope they have a reset & focus more on gameplay for the next one, instead of dumbing down the game for casuals
Yup. See, what they don’t realize is that dumbing down the game for casuals doesn’t actually please the casuals or make them more likely to purchase. And the way EA went about it this time (encouraging everyone to use a CAF in ranked and equip them with space helmets, glowing metal gloves, jewelry in ranked) doesn’t even make sense. Where did they get their data that suggested casuals want this? They didn’t even advertise it so it doesn’t make sense. If anything casuals just want to throw hands with Masvidal or Conor.

I don’t think EA knows what “casuals” want. The casuals don’t know what they want.
Old 03-14-2021, 08:02 PM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Anything is possible but there is practically no chance they would do this through a patch. Your best bet is to advocate for changes for UFC 5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2021, 01:59 AM   #6
Rookie

Whose idea was it to remove elbows from the ground game? Would adding elbows to the ground game be able to be patched in?
Old 03-15-2021, 12:00 PM   #7
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan365
Whose idea was it to remove elbows from the ground game? Would adding elbows to the ground game be able to be patched in?
Technically they didnt remove them from the "ground game." Elbows are still available from postured down positions like side control and bottom full guard. They are removed from the new GNP system.

I dont think I've seen an answer for why they arent in the game. At this point, I doubt anything major will be added in from an animation perspective. We are almost 9 mos from release. Many of the members of the team are working on other games until UFC 5 development ramps up. Once that does ramp up, the focus is on UFC 5.

I could be wrong but based on past history, I dont think I am.
Old 03-15-2021, 02:51 PM   #8
MVP

Take out minigames from grappling. How would strikers feel if striking were turned into an irrelevant puzzle you have to solve before finishing strikes?

I can understand sub games being a mini game since that was hard to capture real time, but transition based subs open the door to real time submission gameplay and since Skynet and the devs said they are looking into it I am hopeful.

Turning GNP into timed mini game is a terrible and unnecessary. UFC 3's GNP is better, and I didn't think that at first but as time goes on it feels more and more lacking. Beyond the posture duration which is the worst part of GNP atm. They removed so many features from GNP- we all know about elbows and hammerfists, but lemme take a moment and remind you what else is gone:

- Immediate transition wheel
- Deniable transitions
- Bottom subs (like the arm trap subs)
- Arm traps
- Momentum getups
- Body punches in many positions
- Body straights and elbows
- Some FTF positions
- Fast FTF subs

On subs in particular, please no more sub minigames. They are so boring and lifeless. Improve the transition system (less stalling denial based- should be more activity based like transitioning blocking of UD3) and turn subs into positions we transition in and out of.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »