Home

New LB Leftstick evade?

This is a discussion on New LB Leftstick evade? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-10-2020, 12:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
New LB Leftstick evade?

The new left bumper left stick flick lunge back does not feel responsive. It only works sometimes. Sometimes I barely lunge back. I am playing on Xbox. Are you guys having the same problem. Any advice?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2020, 12:12 PM   #2
MVP

Re: New LB Leftstick evade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcelts
The new left bumper left stick flick lunge back does not feel responsive. It only works sometimes. Sometimes I barely lunge back. I am playing on Xbox. Are you guys having the same problem. Any advice?

You’re hitting the left stick first or trying to hit them both at the same time. You have to have a firm grip on L1 before trying. Also, if you try the lunge too close to the opponent you will only jump back a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-10-2020, 01:06 PM   #3
Rookie

It’s weird because I am in practice mode right now. I am getting as close as I can to my opponent. Sometimes I get the medium lunge and sometimes the longer lunge.
Old 11-14-2020, 10:38 AM   #4
Rookie

This game is full of input delays man or haven't you noticed? Haha. You go to slip a straight and your character doesn't actually duck for a few milliseconds leaving you to have to almost counter the input by doing it earlier to compensate. Sometimes uppercuts will come out and clean and crisp on the first click, other times, nothing. Sometimes a jab hook straight will work other times you'll get the straight either delayed or not at all.

Yeah... it's a known fact that input delay is terrible in this game right now. It's worse than it was at launch.
Old 11-14-2020, 08:32 PM   #5
Banned

Technically RB stick is intended input for evade and lunge, but with the ultra moronic control layout and the massive input delay, you can always have random evade/lunge via left stick even when you never layed a finger on RB stick or never intended to do a lunge.

So yeah, technically LB can evade too, it's just you don't have any command over it, it will execute whenever the moronic animation system decide to automatically override players' command against your will at random times which happens pretty often. One can argue LB stick does evade too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2020, 12:57 PM   #6
Rookie

Man ,I need a developer to respond about this with some info please. When I use the left bumper and right stick evade it always comes out. It is slower and a different animation than the new left bumper left stick animation. The left bumper with left stick evade animation does not play out consistently. I like using it because it is a faster movement. Sometimes you can move farther with it sometimes it does not move you far. I am sure I am using it right and using the controls the correct way. Is this a bug or is there some set directions we must know to use it. Sometimes it works really close or far from my opponent. I just want to know if there is a bug or the exact way to use it. I like using it. If a developer could respond it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by bcelts; 11-19-2020 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11-19-2020, 03:34 PM   #7
Rookie

What the heck, so now it is removed with the last patch. It now does the same animation as lb right stick?
Old 11-19-2020, 05:42 PM   #8
MVP

Yep, they want you to be pressured even more. They lowered stamina drain off head movement whiffs and gave an option to side step attackers that only work against 1-2 spammers. Literally the worst patch we've ever gotten.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »