Home

Several Changes to Denial Windows

This is a discussion on Several Changes to Denial Windows within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-28-2020, 10:12 AM   #1
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0

I may be late to the game and this has already been discussed, but several ground transitions have new (generally, shorter) denial windows. Meaning the transition is easier to accomplish.

Full Mount Sub to Half Guard Sub ... the new animation threw me off for awhile but I'm used to it, but it's still much harder to stop than before!

HG Sub to FG Dom ... this thing is too damn fast lol but I really like it

Standing Guiliotine ... only way to stop it seems to be camp R2 ... which I do, and I have beaten several "top" 100 Standing Guilly spammers ... but this denial is almost impossible off reaction it seems? Maybe I'm getting locked-out by hitting R2 + L2

Posture Up ... I actually don't mind it being faster BUT what happened to the momentum transitions??? ... maybe I suck and am missing something but if someone postures up you should be able to work for a sweep or reversal !! ...

There's a couple more .... many transitions seem exactly the same but some def. changed. I don't mind some of these changes but a couple could be tweaked IMO

And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix the BUG where .... when you DENY a standing guilly ATTEMPT ... you lose 3% of your perm stamina.

Not when you survive the submission itself ... losing some stam is fine and makes sense .. but when you deny the attempt, you lose like 3% perm stamina!

Here are some tips on beating those bums ... first off ... stay away from clinch! ... second ... camp R2! ... 3rd ... stay calm!!!!!

Revenge against a 'top' guy

https://youtu.be/O1Acvup2Oxc
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 08-28-2020 at 10:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2020, 10:23 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Several Changes to Denial Windows

The momentum transitions are gone in regards to posture ups due to not being able to transition until you’ve blocked enough shots, and your only options even then are get up or posture down. Add in you have to stop blocking to do anything but posture down and they get 1-2 free unblocked shots. I don’t know when I’ve seen a fighter IRL just lay there on the bottom while the other guy starts winging shots before they try to escape or sweep etc.

Oh look, you got me mounted and you’re swinging away, I’m just gonna cover up, screw trying to roll to my back or push you off, or whatever position you have me in trying to smash my face into the canvas, by all means throw 5-10 shots first before I try to get out...

Far as the transitions to GnP for the DOM, I find them all to be faster and slightly harder to deny except for knee on belly, that was seems fine. Full guard? Feels like you need to almost predeny. Half guard? Seems a bit fast but slightly easier than full guard. Now... mount? Don’t think I’ve ever denied that, and backside? Is there even an animation to react on? Pulling their hand out from you holding it seems to already have them in the postured position and the damage from there can end the fight in seconds, you take way too many shots before you can do anything at all and the only option seems to get back to backside posture down....
Old 08-28-2020, 02:48 PM   #3
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

There almost needs to be a tutorial on denying every position

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-28-2020, 03:26 PM   #4
MVP

I wish certain transitions had better feints, there are some good new ones (posture up, except for half guard), but still some bad feints.
Old 08-29-2020, 02:27 AM   #5
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Do not for the love of all things widen the denial windows
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2020, 02:41 AM   #6
MVP

Takedown denial should be widen. It makes scrambling / Wrestling more common. It would be cool.
Old 08-30-2020, 03:17 AM   #7
Banned

My suggestion for the standing guillotine would be to add a counter double leg because thats what happens when its not locked in tight
Old 08-30-2020, 01:22 PM   #8
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
I wish certain transitions had better feints, there are some good new ones (posture up, except for half guard), but still some bad feints.
Weren’t transition fakes a glitch that they just left in because they thought it helped the ground game? There are certain transitions you literally can’t fake because the animation will keep playing out for a bit and they will always get the deny.

That’s not really a good look EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »