Home

FIX THE CONSTANT PRESSURE!

This is a discussion on FIX THE CONSTANT PRESSURE! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-22-2020, 05:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
FIX THE CONSTANT PRESSURE!

Why is there no damn penalty for constantly moving forward throwing one-two's just to try to break the block and get free rocks and knockdowns???

Where is the TRUE COUNTER FIGHTING at????

Stop allowing these bums to press forward the entire damn fight and not being able to get caught! They just eat the strike and somehow your strike does nothing but because they're throwing a follow up strike WHILE being hit, you end up getting rocked because it's counting your strike as being countered. SMH

This game is so unbalanced it's ridiculous.

Super Power Takedown.

Clinch Spam Knees.

Everybody is Joe Frazier pressing forward the whole fight. Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2020, 07:30 AM   #2
MVP

Re: FIX THE CONSTANT PRESSURE!

The takedowns have been tuned , you can deny them much more responsively now , however you have to put in work for the turning takedown in practice mode. Put in that work.

As for pressure fighters this will continue until footwork is buffed( circle out motion ) and more options are available or/and :

Hand fighting / trapping the lead hand / parrying are introduced as mechanics.

I made a thread with suggestions on trapping the lead hand to take away the jab momentarily but it got no traction in this forum. Only a few people talked about it. The same with the single under / and collar tie . Which lead me to believe that most of us are pressure fighters and want to utilize the clinch to attack over any other semblance of balance .

Nonetheless for pressure fighters I have always suggested a heavy stamina tax if you want to throw that many strikes if you don't KO your opponent by the third round , you should be fatigued by then .

Max Holloway can throw 12 strikes at you if you let him and more , he can come at you while his short term stamina is largely depleted and still do damage .

One thing the devs got right is separating punch and kick speed and power , if not this game would be unplayable.

I still like playing against pressure fighters as it gives me a challenge .I mostly lose but it don't affect me as I don't play ranked.

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-22-2020, 10:32 AM   #3
Rookie

It makes playing ranked unplayable. I’m actually having fun playing quick fights agains the CPU and there are a lot of things that I like about the game. But the lack of punishment for overly-aggressive fighters is horrible.

Every dude I fight against just plays like Max Holloway regardless of who they’re fighting with. I’ve had multiple people throw well over 100 strikes in a round without really getting tired at all. Had Anthony Pettis throwing like 8 punch combos without gassing.

Need a way higher stamina tax and also more damage on punches for fighters coming in recklessly. A well-timed straight is gonna drop or hurt someone coming in throwing, but not on the game.
Old 08-22-2020, 12:40 PM   #4
Banned

And this is why the community wanted shuffle step and begged for it ad nauseum for 2 years.
Old 08-22-2020, 05:29 PM   #5
Banned

It’s amazing how this is the fourth gen and the constant meta of forward pressure and stamina management still hasn’t been addressed. I fought an amanda Nunes who threw 148 strikes one round. Nunes would be on a ventilator if that happened in a real fight. I’m tired of the casual excuse. There is no reasonable justification for throwing like that, landing 20% accuracy, and still having the same amount of stamina as me going into the next round
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2020, 12:40 AM   #6
Rookie

I just don't like being penalized for fighting smart. I try to pick my shots and time my counters and mix in a few takedowns (I don't do the overpowered takedowns to fight fair) and I actually try to fight just like the fighter that I'm using.

But no matter what, this game caters to overly aggressive fighting, which in real life will get you KO'd.

This game just needs to be fine tuned for balance and make those who throw too many strikes per round, should be dead tired by the middle of round 2.

Also, make the head movement quicker and more responsive and making someone miss should tax their stamina much more.
Old 08-23-2020, 05:21 AM   #7
Rookie

Exactly there’s nothing to deter someone from coming forward nonstop spamming combos to break your guard. Lol why use strategy, timing, movement, skill when you can walk forward with a top tier fighter mashing like an 8 year old

EA refuses to give us decent counters and defensive options 4 games into the series😂😂
Old 08-23-2020, 07:03 AM   #8
Rookie

I haven't bought ea UFC 4 but played the beta and I think the problem is headmovement. Since ea ufc 3 it's seems to me that headmovement doesn't work Well and you always get caught by every combo's. ea ufc 2 I had no problems with guys that pressure constantly.

I know alot praised striking from ea UFC 3. But i don't like that system of combo's. EA UFC 2 felt more natural. EA UFC 2 was in a good place they only had to remove combo multiplier and up the damage from single shots but they gave us a complete different game smh

Last edited by GUCCII; 08-23-2020 at 07:08 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »