Home

Official Closed Beta Announcement

This is a discussion on Official Closed Beta Announcement within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-14-2020, 08:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Official Closed Beta Announcement

Hey EA SPORTS UFC fans,

Thank you for playing the closed beta! As we’ve adapted to new work environments and extraordinary circumstances to develop games from home, a beta has been more critical for us this year than ever before.

One of the biggest challenges we’ve had to face is our ability to stress test servers and QA for bugs and tuning at large scale. The closed beta has enabled us to ensure we launch UFC 4 with the highest degree of stability and polish possible. That wouldn’t be possible without your help.

We’re also reading and listening to your feedback. It’s impossible for us to reply to all of it directly across forums and social platforms, but we hear you and appreciate the passion and constructive feedback for us to make this the best EA SPORTS UFC yet.

A lot of feedback we’ve seen so far is centered on gameplay controls and tuning. One of our goals this year was to address long-standing community feedback to improve the grappling, clinch, submission systems, and takedown controls; implementing more user-control and responsiveness, as well as the ability to combine grappling with seamless strikes as so many UFC fighters do in real-world MMA.

The challenge we faced in doing so was simple: the lack of available button inputs remaining on the controller. With UFC 3, adding RPM Tech to the stand-up game allowed players a great deal of control over their movement and striking, but it came at the cost of complexity in the controls and using more button combinations. The result was that players struggled with the new controls at first, but overwhelmingly became advocates for them as they surpassed the 4-5 hours-of-play milestone and became more comfortable with complexity.

In UFC 4, we solved for the challenge of lack of available button inputs by implementing a tap vs tap-and-hold mechanic to strikes, clinch and grappling. This allows us to increase the depth of control and fluidity, but - not unlike UFC 3 - it comes at the cost of another learning curve to adapt to the new control scheme.

Here’s some good news to look forward to on that topic:
  1. In just two days, we’ve received an astounding amount of data and feedback to help improve this system and are already hard at work to implement it for launch. We can’t say it enough: thank you! We’ve learned more about the mechanics and tuning from one technical test than we’ve been able to in months of work-from-home testing. This is incredibly valuable and will make the game better in a variety of ways.
  2. The full game will include much better onboarding tutorials for the new controls and all of the new gameplay features in UFC 4. The closed beta was purely a gameplay technical test and, unfortunately, we weren’t able to include the menu tutorials or the Career Mode onboarding into the beta build. For the final product at launch, getting used to these new controls to take full advantage of the features should be much more seamless and enjoyable.
  3. For those of you that try the new ground game controls and decide that it’s not for you, the menus provide the option to switch back to UFC 3 legacy controls at any time.
  4. Last, but not least, the beta is just a small window into the final game. We can’t wait for you to try out the new modes like Blitz Battles, the new Career Mode, the Connected Fighter Profile for customized fighters, and all the other great new features in UFC 4.
We’ll be ending the closed beta tonight at midnight (12:00 am PST). Thank you again for your continued support and we can’t wait for you to play more UFC 4 on August 14.

Check in on the official UFC 4 website for more info and deep-dive looks on all the gameplay features, new modes, and more. We’ll be rolling out even more details about the changes and features coming to gameplay on July 21.

- The EA SPORTS UFC Team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2020, 09:08 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Official Closed Beta Announcement

Will we still be able to play offline?
Old 07-14-2020, 09:39 PM   #3
Rookie

Any chance this will be an open beta anytime soon?

Sent from my SM-G975W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-14-2020, 10:02 PM   #4
Rookie

Damn I was just starting to really like it too......😔
Old 07-14-2020, 10:30 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea_heystevedave
Hey EA SPORTS UFC fans,

Thank you for playing the closed beta! As we’ve adapted to new work environments and extraordinary circumstances to develop games from home, a beta has been more critical for us this year than ever before.

One of the biggest challenges we’ve had to face is our ability to stress test servers and QA for bugs and tuning at large scale. The closed beta has enabled us to ensure we launch UFC 4 with the highest degree of stability and polish possible. That wouldn’t be possible without your help.

We’re also reading and listening to your feedback. It’s impossible for us to reply to all of it directly across forums and social platforms, but we hear you and appreciate the passion and constructive feedback for us to make this the best EA SPORTS UFC yet.

A lot of feedback we’ve seen so far is centered on gameplay controls and tuning. One of our goals this year was to address long-standing community feedback to improve the grappling, clinch, submission systems, and takedown controls; implementing more user-control and responsiveness, as well as the ability to combine grappling with seamless strikes as so many UFC fighters do in real-world MMA.

The challenge we faced in doing so was simple: the lack of available button inputs remaining on the controller. With UFC 3, adding RPM Tech to the stand-up game allowed players a great deal of control over their movement and striking, but it came at the cost of complexity in the controls and using more button combinations. The result was that players struggled with the new controls at first, but overwhelmingly became advocates for them as they surpassed the 4-5 hours-of-play milestone and became more comfortable with complexity.

In UFC 4, we solved for the challenge of lack of available button inputs by implementing a tap vs tap-and-hold mechanic to strikes, clinch and grappling. This allows us to increase the depth of control and fluidity, but - not unlike UFC 3 - it comes at the cost of another learning curve to adapt to the new control scheme.

Here’s some good news to look forward to on that topic:
  1. In just two days, we’ve received an astounding amount of data and feedback to help improve this system and are already hard at work to implement it for launch. We can’t say it enough: thank you! We’ve learned more about the mechanics and tuning from one technical test than we’ve been able to in months of work-from-home testing. This is incredibly valuable and will make the game better in a variety of ways.
  2. The full game will include much better onboarding tutorials for the new controls and all of the new gameplay features in UFC 4. The closed beta was purely a gameplay technical test and, unfortunately, we weren’t able to include the menu tutorials or the Career Mode onboarding into the beta build. For the final product at launch, getting used to these new controls to take full advantage of the features should be much more seamless and enjoyable.
  3. For those of you that try the new ground game controls and decide that it’s not for you, the menus provide the option to switch back to UFC 3 legacy controls at any time.
  4. Last, but not least, the beta is just a small window into the final game. We can’t wait for you to try out the new modes like Blitz Battles, the new Career Mode, the Connected Fighter Profile for customized fighters, and all the other great new features in UFC 4.
We’ll be ending the closed beta tonight at midnight (12:00 am PST). Thank you again for your continued support and we can’t wait for you to play more UFC 4 on August 14.

Check in on the official UFC 4 website for more info and deep-dive looks on all the gameplay features, new modes, and more. We’ll be rolling out even more details about the changes and features coming to gameplay on July 21.

- The EA SPORTS UFC Team
I appreciate that man but I didnt even get to play it and I signed up. That's so ****** up

I've legit stayed loyal to yall despite all the pain ufc 3 caused me and I didnt even get to play this **** beta even tho I signed up.

And I'm still going to pay for UFC 4.
But next time, please honor the people who sign up for Beta, or make it open. Please. Because I feel seriously let down, and ****** up inside. Waiting for the beta release only to find out I didn't get a code. That's really F'd up. Part of me doesn't want to buy 4 due to being let down but I'm going to do it because I like MMA and want to support. But I feel like an abused partner in some dysfunctional relationship. Let down and hurt AF.

I don't really appreciate that at all. Like, really. This is Fd up. Smh.

Last edited by Water Planet; 07-14-2020 at 10:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2020, 10:36 PM   #6
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Planet
And I'm still going to pay for UFC 4.
So what incentive, if any, does that give anyone to care about what you’re saying?

I’m not saying that to be rude or a prick, I sincerely mean that.

You’re giving them the milk for free, but expecting them to buy the cow.
Old 07-14-2020, 10:39 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
So what incentive, if any, does that give anyone to care about what you’re saying?

I’m not saying that to be rude or a prick, I sincerely mean that.

You’re giving them the milk for free, but expecting them to buy the cow.
I bet if he said "I'm not buying it unless you make an open beta" then they'd do it for sure.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-14-2020, 10:41 PM   #8
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Just getting started why cut it short?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »