Home

Stamina drain in run back

This is a discussion on Stamina drain in run back within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-29-2018, 01:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Stamina drain in run back

There is a really big stamina drain on the run back which shouldn't be a thing. This stamina drain is really big on the long term stamina which really sucks.

What i mean by "the run back" is holding R2 and R1 at the same time to jog backwards

As somebody who fights with Lyoto Machida it's really annoying because this is something he used a lot in his fights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2018, 01:41 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Stamina drain in run back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyeanisbae
There is a really big stamina drain on the run back which shouldn't be a thing. This stamina drain is really big on the long term stamina which really sucks.

What i mean by "the run back" is holding R2 and R1 at the same time to jog backwards

As somebody who fights with Lyoto Machida it's really annoying because this is something he used a lot in his fights.
I honestly think the stamina drain is fine, assuming it’s used sparingly to get out of trouble. 3-4x per round won’t really hurt your stamina.

The problem is the slow base movement of guys like Stephen Thompson, or Machida. You shouldn’t have to use the r1/r2 mechanic to create space with these guys. Their base movement speed should be way faster, as fast as the current r1/r2 mechanic. And the r1/r2 mechanic should result in a literal running away - like turning your back and sprinting. Like if your back’s to the cage and you know the haymakers are coming, you can just sprint the **** out of there. Gus does it a lot, Overeem does it.

The game forces you to stand square in front of your opponent too much. If I’m 10 seconds away from winning a decision, but my opponent is going kamikaze on me, I should be able to nope my way to the other side of the cage, or hell even lay on my back and throw up kicks. Anything but standing square in front of my opponent, moving slow as a turtle as they tee off. But that’s another discussion.
Old 11-29-2018, 05:05 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:

The run back you're referring to can be know as a frame or long guard. It can be costly in terms of stamina but you have to know how and when to use it.
Ex:Only time I really use it is when someone is rushing foward with hooks but not everytime. Just sometime quickly throwing that frame out there can be best so you don't drain stamina from holding it can still create a bit of distance.

via GIPHY

Last edited by GamingPractitioner; 11-29-2018 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-29-2018, 07:44 PM   #4
Banned

Haz_____'s Arena

I do this in sparring irl alllll the time. It takes no energy at all.
Old 11-30-2018, 04:04 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz_____
I do this in sparring irl alllll the time. It takes no energy at all.
Thats the thing that bothers me, fighters like Machida use this all the time. But with this taking so much long term stamina I cant fight like he would. Im forced to use head movement and hold block instead of simply managing my distance.

It would be cool if the next game would give us more fighter pros and cons instead of perks a lot like the Orcs in Shadow of Mordor had strengths and weaknesses. So fighters like Machida have a perk where the run back costs less stamina. But I guess the whole perk thing isfor a whole different thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2018, 12:08 PM   #6
Rookie

I believe if you hold it for too long and reach the cage then it takes a bigger stamina drain. Versus if you just do it shortly.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:47 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:

I must be stupid ...for the past couple of months I've been holding l1 l2 wondering if it was removed from the game . Damn .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-01-2018, 01:42 PM   #8
Rookie

I just found out through Martial Minds latest video that if your opponent decides to take you down while doing the run back its an undeniable takedown. So this makes it **** to use against people who pressure you with Cormier...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »