Home

People are struggling post patch

This is a discussion on People are struggling post patch within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-11-2018, 04:43 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
People are struggling post patch

A lot of good players are having trouble. A lot of records in the top 15, which previously were absolutely gorgeous, are now subpar (ex. a player who was 72-1 is now 142-33). Several established good players have told me they’re struggling, and the leaderboards reflect this. It seems like the average Loss rate has increased greatly.

I’m just wondering if there are any theories as to why? I’m aware of what the patch changes were, I’m just wondering why it’s impacted people the way it has. What about this last patch could be responsible for the decline in win/loss ratios among experienced players?

Theorize.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2018, 04:47 PM   #2
Banned

Re: People are struggling post patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
A lot of good players are having trouble. A lot of records in the top 15, which previously were absolutely gorgeous, are now subpar (ex. a player who was 72-1 is now 142-33). Several established good players have told me they’re struggling, and the leaderboards reflect this. It seems like the average Loss rate has increased greatly.

I’m just wondering if there are any theories as to why? I’m aware of what the patch changes were, I’m just wondering why it’s impacted people the way it has. What about this last patch could be responsible for the decline in win/loss ratios among experienced players?

Theorize.
Are they grapplers?

The clinch being useless could explain it
Old 09-11-2018, 04:49 PM   #3
Rookie

To clarify, do you mean after the original patch or after the most recent patch which addressed clinch denial windows? Or both included?

On my side, it seems like everything is generally the same on PS4 side. I don't see a lot of changes in the rankings personally. I did notice that some of the grapplers aren't doing so hot after the clinch nerf though.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:50 PM   #4
Rookie

I still find 143-33 a good record... I know it’s not as good as 70 something and 1 but it’s still good I don’t think that is subpar. Unless you mean it is subpar for them. Because I’d love to have that kind of record at the moment haha.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:54 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler

Theorize.
My record has dipped a bit because better games came out. I mostly play Spiderman, DQ11 and then Red Dead soon. I'm sure the clinch plays a role, as does the change to pressuring.

Some people who beat me are now easy to beat, and vice versa.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2018, 04:56 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60
To clarify, do you mean after the original patch or after the most recent patch which addressed clinch denial windows? Or both included?

On my side, it seems like everything is generally the same on PS4 side. I don't see a lot of changes in the rankings personally. I did notice that some of the grapplers aren't doing so hot after the clinch nerf though.
Both included I guess. Basically the changes that brought the game from where it was before the patch to where it is today.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:25 PM   #7
Banned

It’s all because bums cry on twitter to Geoff for a k1 game. The moment they get clinched and their lack of skill is exposed they demand a nerf. The window was the same. I had plenty of people deny it if i didn’t set it up zabits takedown is more op than the clinch attempt. What was the reasoning for changing it? Strikers need to learn defensive grappling. This isn’t mortal kombat. This isn’t street fighter. This is mma. The grapplers are the ones who’ve been told git gud whole every patch they are handed aim assist like features to help them. “Td spam” has been nerfed to the point takedowns look nothing like a real mma game. Gsp literally spammed takedowns and was the greatest of all time. People think they can just come forward and be on the inside with a grappler with no fear of being grabbed up. The players who complain about grappling never even spend five minutes learning to deny anything but r1 and up and down. That is the extent of their grappling game. Mean while high level players go into practice mode analyze every momentum transition, the details of every animation, and were punished for know If what we’re doing. There’s no fairness between striking and grappling. The only time ou have even the slightest chance of a takedown is if they throw a kick or you chop their legs up. The undeniable takedowns are too strict

Last edited by 1212headkick; 09-11-2018 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:38 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
It’s all because bums cry on twitter to Geoff for a k1 game. The moment they get clinched and their lack of skill is exposed they demand a nerf. The window was the same. I had plenty of people deny it if i didn’t set it up zabits takedown is more op than the clinch attempt. What was the reasoning for changing it? Strikers need to learn defensive grappling. This isn’t mortal kombat. This isn’t street fighter. This is mma. The grapplers are the ones who’ve been told git gud whole every patch they are handed aim assist like features to help them. “Td spam” has been nerfed to the point takedowns look nothing like a real mma game. Gsp literally spammed takedowns and was the greatest of all time. People think they can just come forward and be on the inside with a grappler with no fear of being grabbed up. The players who complain about grappling never even spend five minutes learning to deny anything but r1 and up and down. That is the extent of their grappling game. Mean while high level players go into practice mode analyze every momentum transition, the details of every animation, and were punished for know If what we’re doing. There’s no fairness between striking and grappling. The only time ou have even the slightest chance of a takedown is if they throw a kick or you chop their legs up. The undeniable takedowns are too strict
Brought a tear to my eye. You could sell out stadiums with speeches like that. Beautiful

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »