Home

Anywhere I can find detailed explanaton of what the higher level core moves do?

This is a discussion on Anywhere I can find detailed explanaton of what the higher level core moves do? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-30-2018, 01:18 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Anywhere I can find detailed explanaton of what the higher level core moves do?

What exactly does having higher level “core clinch moves” do? Same for “core ground moves” and the different takedowns.

For individual clinch positions it shows a modifier to lower stamina cost. But it says nothing for the stuff mentioned above.

Are they all just stamina modifiers or does it increase transition speed?

Thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2018, 04:15 PM   #2
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Re: Anywhere I can find detailed explanaton of what the higher level core moves do?

Good questions. I'm curious, too.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:48 PM   #3
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Re: Anywhere I can find detailed explanaton of what the higher level core moves do?

I read up on this and i do believe (please correct me) that they inluence the denial window on core moves that everyone has. So level 5 core ground moves, take say full guard to half guard:
he has a smaller denial window for you,
and you have a bigger denial window on him.

I have yet to check this out to confirm.

EDIT:

from reddit
"wolfgeist• Apr 26, 2016, 2:58 PM
More efficient strikes, larger denial windows, smaller transition windows"

"K3lladoor• Feb 21, 2017, 5:17 PM
Seriously? So do I.

Higher leveled 'Clinch Core Moves' doesn't add "more transitional moves" because there are no extra transitional moves to add outside the default moves given at Level 1 and the moves you need to apply a specific clinch card for. "Faster transitions" and "longer window for denial/reversal" are dependent on 'Clinch Grappling' stats - I've never heard or read that move cards affect them,"

Ok, now I'm confused too, would be nice if a dev could shine some light on this.

Last edited by MacGowan; 08-30-2018 at 10:56 PM.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:32 AM   #4
MVP

I *THINK* they work similar to move levels but apply to transitions and only affect stamina. Not damage.

At level 1, transitions have the default stamina usage.
At level 2,, transitions cost 2% less stamina

And so on and so forth.

Or atleast I'm damn sure that's how UFC 2 did it.

However I don't know the exact stamina reduction rates.

You don't get any extra transitions or anything, AFAIK they'll just cost less stamina at higher levels.

There may be a slight speed buff to transitions with each level too, but I've never tested it.
Old 08-31-2018, 08:01 AM   #5
Rookie

I really want to know too..

I do some stamina test with lvl3 core clinch and i dont see any difference.

But all i know, i do better with ground core lvl3 for some reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2018, 12:22 AM   #6
Banned

I was hoping a GC could get an answer from a dev.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:57 AM   #7
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

The move list previews show transitions, so I always assumed they added more transitions. But then transitions have their own separate category with level tiers, so... Puzzling.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:21 PM   #8
Pro

The game in general could do a much better job at explaining things. Ground game is nigh impossible to learn without external sources (Fakes, momentum etc). A few weeks ago there was confusion about the judging criteria. This thread is another example of things that are not explained well enough.

All I know is that some levels give you new transitions. UFC 3 at least lets you see which ones (whereas I don't think UFC 2 did) but it could still be better. The strike combo levels for instance should differentiate which level unlocks which combos. If you pick a character with level 5 boxing combos you just get this massive list of combos. Instead it should group them in all 5 levels so you can use someone like Conor to practice boxing combos for different levels (and different fighters) more efficiently at once.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »