Home

Power Punching Modifier

This is a discussion on Power Punching Modifier within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-13-2018, 11:26 PM   #1
Rookie

MysticJack541's Arena

OVR: 0
Power Punching Modifier

I've thought about this idea for awhile, I wanted to get some opinions from the devs as well as some of the GC'ers.

I would love to get a power modifier on some of the general strikes, i'm talking about jabs, straights, hooks, uppercuts. In my opinion I think some of the damage these general strikes do way to much damage and cause rocks/and knockdowns.

From my experience playing the game 95% of my fights end in a KO/TKO, very rarely do decisions happen. If I do go to a decision it's a conscious effort to not try to finish my opponent, usually on both parts.

I believe adding a "Power modifier" adds a whole new layer to the game. Power shots would obviously take a lot more stamina, and would drain you quickly if spammed, however they would be much more dangerous and would make a smart player think twice about banging it out in the center.
This would allow you to play in many different ways, if you wanted to take the "Rory MacDonald" approach and just conserve your stamina and pick apart your opponent without hurting them you could. If you wanted to go with the "Mike Perry" approach and just look to take out your opponent in the first round, you could do it. Or use light punches to set up a finish kind of like Yoel Romero.

I love vulnerability, don't get me wrong. I don't want EA UFC 2 damage, but I feel like the game is a little bit rock em sock em at the moment. Of course the head movement spam and counter issues would have to be fixed before this is even considered. What do you guys think?

Last edited by MysticJack541; 03-13-2018 at 11:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2018, 11:44 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Power Punching Modifier

Think it would be hard to add control-wise
Old 03-13-2018, 11:47 PM   #3
Rookie

MysticJack541's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
Think it would be hard to add control-wise
Good point, some changes would definitely need to happen. With the current control scheme I would recommend holding R1/L1 at the same time, but that would still interfere with some of the unique strikes I believe.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:15 AM   #4
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

You could do what FIFA does and charge up the kick with holding in the button.

tap x tap x would give you two quick light jabs
hold x would give you a solid stiff jab

I agree with the statement concerning the problem. it's pretty impossible for me to get a fight to decision unless i actively try to not finish them.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:21 AM   #5
Rookie

MysticJack541's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan

I agree with the statement concerning the problem. it's pretty impossible for me to get a fight to decision unless i actively try to not finish them.
It would be interesting to see how that would be implemented. I don't know how smooth that would be in the heat of battle, having to hold down a button for a little extra longer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2018, 02:30 AM   #6
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan

I've recommended this way back when EA UFC 2 released, not sure why it hasn't been tried yet.

I'd also like to see some block piercing strikes, without requiring to throw 4 strikes combinations to do so.

I'd love for Highly skilled Strikers like Anderson Silva/Lyoto Machida, to be able to throw single precise and accurate strikes that ignore the opponent's block under the right circumstances.

That's what i thought the Accuracy stat was for at first, but i still don't know why it exists. It feels underutillized.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:22 AM   #7
MVP

All about the controls. If there's a way to add this to the controls, I'm all for it!

I wouldn't mind if it were even tied to the D Pad instead of one of the taunts.

Press it and you switch from Lawler mode to Bisping mode.

Less than ideal if you want to mix up power and light shots in a combo but you'd have to redo the combo system anyway if you wanted it the Fight Night way.

Would love to have a few different stances available.

- sit down (more weight on legs but harder strikes, especially punches & body shots, slower movement)
- balanced
- light feet (less weight on legs, quicker movement, lighter shots)
- thai style (weight on back foot, weaker punches, faster front teep, leg kicks and head kicks, faster leg checks)
- side chamber (narrows your stance for quick side kicks, darting in / out and spinning attacks)
- hands down (smoother head movement and counters off it, hands at waist level)
- wrassling (lower centre of gravity, not great for striking but gains a G.A.)

Different fighters would have different stances available. Everyone would have at least balanced / normal stance whatever theirs is, with heavy handed guys having the strong stance available and fast strategic guys having the light stance.

Someone like Yoel would have light, balanced and heavy available and have little visual difference between the three to be sneaky like Yoel is.

The heavy stance would burn more energy and you'd see fighters load up a lot more on strikes. Higher vulnerability too but greater power behind shots.

Advanced strikers IRL can seemlessly switch between these but most people just stick to 1 mode i.e. I'm gonna knock your head off, I'm gonna keep this smart and create openings, I'm gonna keep this technical and play it safe.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:15 AM   #8
MVP

On the control scheme there are two buttons that aren't used at all ...up and down ...if it's possible ...can't we utilize this in some way. At the moment jabs are OP.

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »