Home

MY BIGGEST RANT FOR THE EA UFC SERIES - FIX THE MENU. IT'S BEEN 4 YEARS

This is a discussion on MY BIGGEST RANT FOR THE EA UFC SERIES - FIX THE MENU. IT'S BEEN 4 YEARS within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-29-2017, 02:57 PM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
MY BIGGEST RANT FOR THE EA UFC SERIES - FIX THE MENU. IT'S BEEN 4 YEARS

THIS IS NOT JUST EA UFC 3 BETA FEEDBACK, THIS EA UFC 1 & 2 & 3 FeeDback, that's why i am dedicating a whole post to it.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

HUGE RANT INCOMING, TRIGGER WARNING!

__________________________________________________ ________________

• It's been 4 years. Why? WHY? WHYYYY???? Seriously WHY IS THIS STILL THE WAY THAT IT IS???:
    Spoiler

• 4 YEARS! And the Online Fighter Selection screen is still lagging and glitching and being unresponsive as usual.
  • 4 YEARS! And we have to scroll through every fighter on the roster, to get to the one we want. No memory for preferable fighters, No Easy Fighter Selection Screen like the norm has been for fighting games since Mike Tyson's Punch Out back in NES:
    Spoiler

A fight ends and there is no option to keep playing, we have to go back to the menu, hit the "Search For Session" button, if you are patient enough not to accidentally hit the "invite to session" that takes forever to load your ps4 friend list, choose weightclasses/rules again and then start searching. All the while, trying to navigate a menu, with a bunch of slow animations and a bunch of ignored inputs and breaks between new inputs can be registered, resulting in multiple faulty inputs and navigating things u didn't intend to.

And these are just a few, so many things that could use a polish on that aspect of the game to reduce the wasted time doing non-fun things in the game, that i m simply tired of pointing out, since noone seems to give a damn, that so much of their spare time is piling up and being wasted on nothing beneficial or entertaining to em.

So I ask you, Why... OHhh WHYY??? IS IT Still happening?

INDIE GAMES OR FREE TO PLAY PHONE APPS, OR HELL EVEN TETRIS AND PACMAN AND EVEN PONG HAVE MORE STRAIGHT FORWARD AND PRACTICAL MAIN MENUS.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________

After the First game, i could forgive those issues, i could rationalize it and excuse it, by thinking: "ohh well, brand new console generation, brand new game, brand new series, new engine, new animations etc. loads of workload, the menu must have been an afterthought and an oversight, that's why it appears to be rushed and it has the issues that it still has."

But at this point nothing makes sense and i can only assume and speculate, so my Conclusion?
Call me crazy, but I think it's highly likely, that the game is intentionally being crippled, so that it wastes the players' time, just for the player "time spent in-game" stats to be artificially increased, so that the publishers and the investors can look at some graphs in their meetings and feel good about themselves.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, at least fix some of the 3 obvious issues to show that you give a damn! When i buy an EA GAME, I EXPECT TO GET RIPPED OFF, BUT I still do it, because at least it feels good, when there is so much care and attention to detail and polishing in their games, something that this series significantly lack in... Despite being an EA GAME!

__________________________________________________ ________________________

AND Don't give me no bullcrap like "Would you rather there was precious dev time wasted in fixxing this pathetic and horribly desinged, broken menu interface or would you rather that time was spend on...." YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I WOULD! I WOULD TAKE IT OVER ANYTHING!
It's BEEN 4 YEARS! THIS IS A GAME BACKED BY EA AND THEIR BIGGEST DIVISION, EA SPORTS. THEY HAVE THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS TO THE UFC BRAND. THEY ARE SHAMELESSLY SELLING US A GAME FOR 80$ & MORE TO COME LATER THROUGH ULTIMATE TEAM MICROTRANSACTIONS and don't forget, it's been 4 YEARS AND PEOPLE ARE STILL DEFENDING THEM, CLAMING THAT they CAN't FIND THE RESOURCES, TO AT LEAST FIX 3 OF THE MOST OBVIOUS ISSUES in THIS TIME-CONSUMING BROKEN MENU INTERFACE? AFTER 4 YEARS?

You must have lost it more than i have, is all i can respond with, at such excuses.

I AM Serious when i say this, I Will not be pre-ordering EA UFC 3 and might even be skipping it, until it's half of it's asking price. The main reason being, that I AM Sick and Tired of wasting 50% of my spare time, trying to navigate that poorly designed, impractical, slow, clunky & sluggish menu in a 2018 AAA game. A Menu that has had, the exact same bugs/issues for the past 4 years and plans on running with it for another 2 years. It was the first thing i noticed with EA UFC 2 & now with the EA UFC 3 BETA. Sort this out, I Won't put up with it another 1-2 years, i'd rather spend 80$ on an SSD. No matter how much time you plan on using on the game, you best believe nearly 50% Of it, will be you navigating the menu and that is unacceptable and as a consumer you shouldn't put up with it.

The Ammount of time i wasted typing this post, is about as much time as you'd need to sort out those 3 particular issues, to prove us that you at least give a damn.
WHAT IS GOING ON OVER THERE? HOW CAN YOU EXPECT PEOPLE TO GET HYPED FOR NEW ADDITIONS LIKE CAREER/New Modes/New Gameplay feutures when you can't even get the main menu right after 3 Entries and 4 YEARS?

__________________________________________________ _______________________

RANT OVER.

Another EA UFC game, another rant by me, hope you enjoyed.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 11-29-2017 at 03:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2017, 02:59 PM   #2
MVP

Re: MY BIGGEST RANT FOR THE EA UFC SERIES - FIX THE MENU. IT'S BEEN 4 YEARS

this one is huge annoying. EA please swap....... i think it is easy fix.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:03 PM   #3
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250

Seriously tho.....

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 11-29-2017, 03:28 PM   #4
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:

At this point EA is trolling us or there is some hidden reason they won't swap those two.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:15 PM   #5
Rookie

CrazyFooL's Arena

Quote:
Full support
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2017, 05:33 PM   #6
EA Sports UFC Developer

EDIT: I have been told this is not in fact guaranteed to be fixed for release, but is a known issue.

You may continue being triggered now.

EDIT AGAIN: It's done and should totally be in release....

Kindly stop being triggered again.

Last edited by Skynet; 11-30-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:37 PM   #7
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
I have heard from the powers that be that this is indeed changing for release.

You may stop being triggered now.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:42 PM   #8
Rookie

I dont get it? Why do those have to be switched?

Also, scrolling through isnt hard, its in alphabetical order.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »