Home

What kind of HUD would you like in UFC3?

This is a discussion on What kind of HUD would you like in UFC3? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-02-2017, 06:45 PM   #1
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

OVR: 0
What kind of HUD would you like in UFC3?

For online play, what would you like to see?

Examples would be stamina bars for yourself & your opponent, or just your own, or none at all. Also, damage display, such as head, body, and limb, ect.

Personally, I would like to only see my own stamina and health. I feel like this would help add to the realism of a fight, while also stimulating the skill ceiling of the game, as people would not be able to rely on meters as much to dictate their actions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2017, 06:48 PM   #2
Pro

Re: What kind of HUD would you like in UFC3?

Everyone should see their own stamina and health. Not your opponents

Sent from my LGLS991 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-02-2017, 06:49 PM   #3
Rookie

Yeah, I'm the same. My absolute preferred way would be only seeing my own information and none of my opponents, having to rely on visual queues to measure their stamina and health. When this was mentioned before I like the idea of seeing my opponents stamina for grappling though. Only because grappling relies so much on the feel of your opponent. You can feel how strong or weak they are, and you can't derive this from visual queues.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:50 PM   #4
Rookie

Maybe it doesn't have to be true stamina though. Could be a grappling strength meter or something like that.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:52 PM   #5
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeface
Yeah, I'm the same. My absolute preferred way would be only seeing my own information and none of my opponents, having to rely on visual queues to measure their stamina and health. When this was mentioned before I like the idea of seeing my opponents stamina for grappling though. Only because grappling relies so much on the feel of your opponent. You can feel how strong or weak they are, and you can't derive this from visual queues.
Honestly, a few weeks ago I would have completely agreed with you. The more I thought about it though, the more it made sense that it wasn't the right thing to do. I think meters can actually serve as a crutch, and take away from the "feel" of the grappling. Instead of relying on a meter that holds your hand in a way, you have to be completely aware of everything going on, keeping track of damage, stamina, GA ect.

I really think it would actually greatly improve the grappling. More critical decision making is almost always a good thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2017, 07:08 PM   #6
Rookie

Yeah, I get that. I also have more fun grappling with no meter playing locally with a friend. I can see the argument to be able to grapple as good as the fighter you are playing as, Damien Mia for example, it would be beneficial to see the current grappling strength of your opponent. Totally not necessary and probably would be more fun without it, but in terms of realism and being as good as the fighter you are portraying it would be useful.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:13 PM   #7
MVP

Trillz's Arena

i only want to see my stamina and health, he should be mandatory for online play, maybe ill allow a exception for quick play.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:28 PM   #8
MVP

Yaari's Arena

I don't mind too much other than my opponent should not be seeing my stamina bar.

I didn't like how in the current game people would come in knowing you are low on stamina and more vulnerable to damage. That mechanic may return in the next game but atleast they'll have to decide for themselves instead of having it all presented to them.

We're going to need to have some visual clues about the state of opponents though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »