Home

List of "Transition Switches"

This is a discussion on List of "Transition Switches" within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-24-2016, 09:04 PM   #1
VideoGame PseudoScientist

Generative James's Arena

OVR: 0
List of "Transition Switches"

Transition Switching is a game grappling mechanic where a transition is started normally then is changed midway by pressing or releasing a modifier button. In various positions, this will change the transition and/or accelerate the transition. There are others of these, especially from guard, that seem to accelerate transitions, but just a little. I have not added those to the list, only Transition Switches with extreme acceleration. The videos for these have time code, so you can see for yourself.

This list is incomplete, I assume, please add any new Transition Switches you find to the comments and I will add it to the original list.

Full Guard Top (Not Postured) to Stacked Guard - Wrestling Transition level 2:
Press L1 and Transition up to Get Up, release L1 midway, transition is accelerated and becomes Stacked Guard making Full Guard Postured Up position unnecessary to achieve Stacked Guard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ALyGgRAjmU

Side Control Top to Side Saddle Top - Wrestling Transition level 3:
Transition to North South, press L1 midway, transition becomes Side Saddle, a transition not otherwise available.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIzO7YvCiWQ

Full Guard Bottom to Half Guard Top - BJJ Sweep level 1:
Transition to the side to Get Up, press L1 midway, transition becomes sweep to Half Guard Top, a transition not otherwise available. Works well with the Full Guard momentum transition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyVPXk7smig

Full Guard Bottom to Rubber Guard - BJJ Transition level 2 with Rubber Guard:
Press L2 and Transition to the side to Omoplata, release L2 midway, transition becomes Rubber Guard and is accelerated. A stamina advantage can speed this up drastically.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sszGbKJ_uLg

Side Control Bottom to Sprawl Bottom - Must have Single Leg Takedown from here:
Press L1 and transition to the side to Single Leg, release L1 midway, transition becomes Sprawl and is accelerated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAFCizg-PeU

Side Control Bottom to Half Guard Bottom - Must have D'arce Choke:
Press L2 and transition to D'arce Choke, release L2 midway, transition becomes Half Guard and is accelerated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg5b3wcY4pU

Last edited by Generative James; 09-27-2016 at 11:53 PM. Reason: added videos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2016, 12:05 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: List of "Transition Switches"

Thanks for this. Will be helpful to me and I'm sure others.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:21 AM   #3
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Nice job man.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:07 AM   #4
Rookie

Shogun474's Arena

Brilliant thread nice one bro
Old 07-25-2016, 08:09 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generative James
Side Control Top - Wrestling Transition level 3:
Transition to North South, press L1 midway, transition becomes Side Saddle, a transition not otherwise available.

Full Guard Bottom - BJJ Transition level 2:
Transition to the side to Get Up, press L2 midway, transition becomes Triangle Choke and is accelerated.

Full Guard Bottom - BJJ Transition level 2 with Rubber Guard:
Press L2 and Transition to the side to Omoplata, release L2 midway, transition becomes Rubber Guard and is accelerated.

Side Control Bottom - Must have Single Leg Takedown from here:
Press L1 and transition to the side to Get Up, release L1 midway, transition becomes Sprawl and is accelerated.
I would not recommend doing these four. The first one because the transition to crucifix is just as fast, and you will end up in side saddle eventually. Unless it's possible to have Level 3 Wrestling without the crucifix, or you just want to play around for the fun of it.

The next three I would really not do though. All the moves you are switching to are already available, and the only reason the meter speeds up is because those moves are faster than the move you are coming from. The new speed is the same speed they would be if you just started with it. So by starting with a slower one and switching, you are actually getting to the next move slower than if you would have just went for it alone. For example, if you want to go for a triangle, it's faster to just go for it. The animations are all identical, so you wouldn't be visually faking out your opponent either. Just my thoughts. Great thread though. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2016, 09:18 AM   #6
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
I would not recommend doing these four. The first one because the transition to crucifix is just as fast, and you will end up in side saddle eventually. Unless it's possible to have Level 3 Wrestling without the crucifix, or you just want to play around for the fun of it.

The next three I would really not do though. All the moves you are switching to are already available, and the only reason the meter speeds up is because those moves are faster than the move you are coming from. The new speed is the same speed they would be if you just started with it. So by starting with a slower one and switching, you are actually getting to the next move slower than if you would have just went for it alone. For example, if you want to go for a triangle, it's faster to just go for it. The animations are all identical, so you wouldn't be visually faking out your opponent either. Just my thoughts. Great thread though. Thanks.
If that's the case why would GPD even add them? Sort of redundant isnt it?
Old 07-25-2016, 09:35 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
If that's the case why would GPD even add them? Sort of redundant isnt it?
I think it's just a mechanic where you have the option to switch if you change your mind. Since it's the same animation for both, I think having the option to switch mid transition was just a very easy thing to include. Like I said, I wouldn't get in the habit of doing it. However, the others on the list I highly recommend since they add a different transition all together.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:56 AM   #8
VideoGame PseudoScientist

Generative James's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97

Ok, so I recorded video of 2 of these transition and counted the frames that the hud was yellow for in each transition. All in Practice Mode, two controllers, full stamina for both guys.

For the Single Leg to Sprawl From Side Control Bottom, I was shaving off 5 or 6 frames with the Transition Switch. Without it, I was getting 24, or 25 frames per transition. With it, I was getting transitions in 19 or 20 frames.

As for the Triangle however, you are right. The Transition Switch is the same or sometimes slower than normal. I will take this off the list.

I'll also test the Rubber Guard one too, eventually. Though I'm kinda hoping GPD will just chime in with the official word.

Last edited by Generative James; 07-25-2016 at 09:59 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »