Home

Any way(s) to make the CPU more of a challenge?

This is a discussion on Any way(s) to make the CPU more of a challenge? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-22-2016, 07:52 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Any way(s) to make the CPU more of a challenge?

"House rules" for the user, certain settings? Anything to handicap the human fighter, short of playing blindfolded? The CPU is really easy to beat, even on the highest difficulties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2016, 07:58 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Any way(s) to make the CPU more of a challenge?

Turning off the HUD makes a decent difference. Otherwise the only thing you can do is just not pressure fight which sucks but the AI can't handle it at all. If you have a few beers first it's pretty good.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:01 PM   #3
Rookie

MrFaust's Arena

That is the first thing I did when I picked up this game was turn off the HUD, I can't stand em. It adds a additional layer of challenge to the game. I usually play on hard and like fballturkey said, beer helps.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:58 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFaust
That is the first thing I did when I picked up this game was turn off the HUD, I can't stand em. It adds a additional layer of challenge to the game. I usually play on hard and like fballturkey said, beer helps.
I feel old and terrible at this game reading this thread. I can't submit the computer and have a hell of a hard time escaping their submissions. The problem I have is that I can outstrike the cpu, but if I increase the difficulty to make striking more even then i can't win the submission game in that case, and i get so much more gratification winning with jiu jitsu than a kayo.

Pretty sure i just found a long-winded way of saying I wish their were sliders.

Last edited by Ksearyback; 06-22-2016 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Auto correct spelling error
Old 06-22-2016, 10:02 PM   #5
Pro

I'd agree with two point made above and I'll add one:
- drink some beer
- no hud
- find a lowly ranked fighter who is still fun for you. This has been a lot of fun for me, and I'm learning about guys is never heard of previously
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2016, 10:16 PM   #6
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

You want this game hard.

1. Don't smoke herbal medicine

2. Try different difficulties, for some reason in the past the AI played better at intermediate and second to last difficulties imo

3. Wear oven mitts

4. Punch yourself every time CPU strikes you, since it's offline you can pause and do a good job of that

5. If all else fails, adopt a bunch of kittens and dumb a bag of catnip on yourself before you playing
Old 06-23-2016, 06:30 AM   #7
MVP

1) Every time they sub attempt you, you lose 1 gate, by the third sub attempt, you can only start fighting back after the third gate is finished, unless it's a 2 gate thing, then fight back after the first one.

2) Sub attempts, unless with a great grappler, should only be possible after a few attempts or if you've seriously hurt the AI.

3) If you get rocked, first time you can move away, second time you gotta restrict and only very light blocking, third time you're a sitting duck i.e. no blocking and no movement.

4) If you rock them, don't go for the kill unless it was a serious rock or it's the third time you've wobbled them.

5) Don't repeat the same attack pattern. Mix it up to body, no spamming spins or jab / crosses.

6) No blocking / minimal blocking. No taking the back from half guard. No spinning the stick on transitions. No spamming trips from the clinch. No spamming GNP from mount. No spamming TD attempts. No spamming submission attempts. No excessive running, you have to fight. No creeping out of range unless Machida.

7) No denying take down attempts when you are near the cage, you have to move out of the way. No denying take down attempts if you were recently wobbled. No denying take down attempts if the AI has already attempted many TDs already that round. You can still use strikes to intercept.

Those are some of the house rules I can think of. I end up losing about 80% of my fights this way
Old 06-23-2016, 12:04 PM   #8
Rookie

MrFaust's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
I feel old and terrible at this game reading this thread. I can't submit the computer and have a hell of a hard time escaping their submissions.
Don't feel bad.. or old for that matter. Chances are I'm probably older than you. Anyhow, I can't submit the CPU either. I have a fine ground game and get out of submissions quite easily but I don't think I have the reaction to pull off submissions. I never get much further than 2 or 3rd gate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »