Home

Let’s talk about KOs/TKOs

This is a discussion on Let’s talk about KOs/TKOs within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-24-2023, 10:22 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Let’s talk about KOs/TKOs

Seeing gameplay I knew I was gonna have to make this thread but I waited until I played myself just to be sure.

So finishes. The good is the new ground and pound tko animations. That’s going in the right direction. Those with the ref interaction look way better than ground finishes in UFC 4.

The bad. We still don’t have proper Finish the Fight after KOs. We need to have the ability to follow opponents to the ground after all KOs.

I know the main problem with this is needing both fighters to line up in some “paired” ground and pound animation. But that begs the question is there no way to keep the KOed fighter in pure rag doll physics while the attacker simply targets the head of the rag doll? I know this will cause jank once in a while with physics, but I think the majority of players would accept that for a true Finish the Fight system. Ragdoll KOs in UFC 2 certainly had their janky moments but most players want them back.

Also I would love to see some sort of replacement for the sitting against cage finish. I actually avoid finishing players in that position because I’ve just seen that exact animation too much at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2023, 04:48 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Let’s talk about KOs/TKOs

I’ve not played ufc 4 in ages, could you punch after a knockdown in that ?
Old 10-25-2023, 03:45 AM   #3
Rookie

I also want ragdoll ko's back. The ufc 5 ko's all look even more boring and more ridiculous when they glitch out. I also hate the cage position finish because it automatically punches and we lose control over the fighter. The game could be so good if the ko's where great. One thing i hate the most online is the button input delay. EA needs to fix this.
Old 10-25-2023, 08:22 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaCk Cyres
I also want ragdoll ko's back. The ufc 5 ko's all look even more boring and more ridiculous when they glitch out. I also hate the cage position finish because it automatically punches and we lose control over the fighter. The game could be so good if the ko's where great. One thing i hate the most online is the button input delay. EA needs to fix this.
you know? they removed the finish the fight ability because of ragdoll physics. Basically, ragdoll looks unique but it looks ridiculous like a glitch.
Old 10-25-2023, 04:22 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
you know? they removed the finish the fight ability because of ragdoll physics. Basically, ragdoll looks unique but it looks ridiculous like a glitch.
I would take the ragdoll physics with finish the fight over what we have now any day of the week even with some of the wonky ko's you had in UFC 2 those wonky ko's are still much better than what we have now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2023, 05:04 PM   #6
Pro

I still think they look cool. Unfortunately, the hitboxes are a bit off. I scored a KO but in the replay it was painfully obvious I barely grazed him. Bit awkward to zoom in and highlight the bug.
Old 10-25-2023, 06:49 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan365
I would take the ragdoll physics with finish the fight over what we have now any day of the week even with some of the wonky ko's you had in UFC 2 those wonky ko's are still much better than what we have now
I respect your tastes but i don't think so. I prefer to do a finish the fight rather than end with a ridiculous ko. It's so weird and never satisfied.
Old 10-25-2023, 08:55 PM   #8
Pro

We need strikes after a KO back a hundred percent. Right now every KO is a walkoff. I wouldn't mind this so much if at least the ref ran in and waved it off, but as of now he just stands there for like 2 seconds and then waves it off. Looks unnatural. Hope we get this fixed through updates.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »