Home

Opinions on people who spend $ to upgrade their fighter?

This is a discussion on Opinions on people who spend $ to upgrade their fighter? within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-07-2016, 10:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Lightbulb Opinions on people who spend $ to upgrade their fighter?

I'll start off my saying, I'm an average player at best at this game. My record for my lightweight is currently 8-3-0 which I'm personally very proud of, my other fighters are all scraping a positive record.

However I feel like, being an average player, progression is very slow in this game, for me anyway. Ignoring daily objectives I make about 500-800 coins a fight if I'm lucky. I have a full time job that takes up most my time and I only really get a chance to spend 1 hour or so playing a day. This all means that I barely ever have enough to spend on a premium pack for example. Especially when I can't seem to save my coins and blow them on a pack at my first opportunity. Would I be looked down upon if I were to drop £80 to spend on event packs to upgrade my fighter in the future?

I realise that some people might call me a douche for doing so as they've probably grinded for their 85+ fighters and are mad this seems a bit pay to win. However I simply want to give myself a better chance of playing and competing in higher divisions and the only way I could see myself doing this is by spending some money on packs to give me a wider variety of moves on my fighters therefore giving me a better chance of learning different moves and becoming a better player. Just wondering what most people think of this really, apologies for the wall of text but if you have read this far, thanks for reading I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2016, 10:33 AM   #2
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Re: Opinions on people who spend $ to upgrade their fighter?

Personally I have no problem w/ people who spend a few bucks, even a couple hundred bucks, on UT, especially if they're in the type of situation you are

Those who spend like $500+ though....man....you really need to donate some $$$ to a local charity lol stop wasting so much on virtual items *sigh*

Besides, you're probably just boosting your character from OVR 72 to OVR 78 or something like that....that's not pay to win that's pay to compete lol

Someone who goes from OVR 72 to OVR 97 from buying cards....well, it's their $$$ so I can't hate too much, but damn that's pretty pathetic
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 06-07-2016, 10:41 AM   #3
Rookie

Who gives a crap? Honestly, it's your money do as you see fit.

People may think it's pathetic, maybe because they don't have the available disposable income, maybe because they can't justify spending the money on something intangible.

Let's be realistic, do you enjoy playing the game? Would spending money impact your lifestyle?

I would however say if you do spend some dollar do not buy the generic packs. Wait for the universal card packs / contender packs etc
Old 06-07-2016, 10:52 AM   #4
Rookie

JRed529's Arena

I pawned my wedding ring to buy attribute packs.

Come at me.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:11 AM   #5
Rookie

I think it's perfectly OK - as long as they have their parents' permission.

I see no reason for an adult to do this, but these games can make folks a bit obsessive at times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2016, 11:19 AM   #6
Rookie

chapmandachamp's Arena

No problem at all. No 1 can tell who paid for their guy. Everyone just assumes u did when they see 85+. Have fun it's a game! Sum times it just cost a lil more if u don't have time to invest
Old 06-07-2016, 11:33 AM   #7
Rookie

You're not even getting too much of an advantage by that. Those who play more than you to grind instead of spend money will still be better than you due to skill. I have beaten 92-97 fighters with 75 ovr throwaway characters. Money isn't all in this game. But no one will judge you for that small amount. 80 pounds are nothing in this game since packs are pricey as hell.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:43 AM   #8
Rookie

Yo OP

I'm in the same position. Full time job, married, might play 3-4 hours a week.

I've spent about £30, probably. I'm only OVR76 but managed to get to 94 STU on my WBW (even though it seems everyone in that div is a wrestle****er!) but tbh that was mostly from packs bought through coins. I'm sure of that because I spent the £30 all in one sitting and remember stopping and vowing not to spend anymore money because I didnt get anything useful.

I would not recommend throwing £80 unless you can really afford to potentially chuck away that sort of cash. You're not paying for the guarantee of having a good fighter after buying all the packs. You're paying for RNG and chance.

As a new player, I recommend spending some time down in single player to farm up some coins. You can get 350 coins every couple of mins tbh... Just make a boxer, and spam jab-straight as much as you can at your opponents faces. The CPU doesn't block their head that much especially with jabs and straights, and you can just steamroll it this way. Easy coins

Last edited by ConsoleBaddie; 06-07-2016 at 11:47 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »