Home

NHL 20 Adds Authentic Signature Shots, Revamped Broadcast Package, New Game Mode & More - Cover Athlete is Auston Matthews

This is a discussion on NHL 20 Adds Authentic Signature Shots, Revamped Broadcast Package, New Game Mode & More - Cover Athlete is Auston Matthews within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-19-2019, 09:04 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 20 Adds Authentic Signature Shots, Revamped Broadcast Package, New Game Mode & More - Cover Athlete is Auston Matthews

EA has revealed the first look at NHL 20, to hockey fans during the 2019 NHL...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2019, 09:12 PM   #2
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
Thanks Steve.

Sorry EA I'm not going to make the same mistake again. I was very disappointed with NHL 19 and stopped playing it after a month. I just couldn't get into the game. My expectations are low. No pre-order for me this time around. Don't want to be disappointed again. I'll wait for the reviews and the community before I decide on a purchase.

Last edited by Peter_OS; 06-19-2019 at 09:16 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:12 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 20 Adds Authentic Signature Shots, Revamped Broadcast Package, New Game Mode

Over 45 new shot animations? That's oddly specifically non-specific
Old 06-19-2019, 09:33 PM   #4
Rookie

shanev's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 20 Adds Authentic Signature Shots, Revamped Broadcast Package, New Game Mode

Sounds like a whole bunch of stuff added that I don't give a crap about. I guess if you really like the NHL, it just sucks to be the offline franchise player, because there isn't a game for you.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:40 PM   #5
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

You know, you hear some promising things,like a bigger development team, revamped commentary, and you think things are going to get better, but then you read things like Drake, and Chance the Rapper joining commentary. Buzzwords and clear marketing terms, HUT and CHEL stuff and to me, it becomes clear that the extra dev help went into the money making and online modes, rather than gameplay and franchise.

Sorry EA... no pre-order here. I'll patiently wait for the EA Access trial, burn my 10 hours and likely be over it until hockey season gets in full swing or I get tired of F1 2019 (good luck on that happening quickly) and I'll pick it up when it's on sale real cheap. They've just really killed my desire to play this game.

One that that could lure me in earlier is roster sharing, but doesnt' seem like that's on the radar again.

Sorry, don't mean to be negative, but I didnt play much of NHL19, and with the key features of 20 being "signature shot animations", World of CHEL, 3's, and HUT stuff along with commentary featuring guest spots from Drake and Chance the Rapper... I'm not even close to inspired at this point to purchase.

Id think they're maybe just out of touch with their fan base, but I think they're just out of touch with most of us here in a community like this. They're catering to the younger generation, the arcade style, and the casuals. I dont consider myself a hardcore sim guy when it comes to video game hockey like some of you, but I'm more to that side of the spectrum than arcade, but nothing here sells me on this day one. Not when I know I have a 10 hour trial to burn before spending any real cash on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2019, 09:55 PM   #6
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0

I am very happy as pig and poo, better broad cast package, 45 different shot animations, this old broad cast package in NHL 19 was growing stale, am all aboard for this excitin' stuff, bring me the beer cooler, improved goalie AI that's switch, this is right direction, I hope be a pro is back too and new and improved .

I.. wanna do Alex Ovechkins shot man, the big boomer to top cheese, I also cannot wait to see awesomeness of wrist shots, begs question will this year be the Actual Sim or more Arcade-Sim, if its one the other, NHL 20 will blow are minds away, I'll make team full of alex ovechkins shot and Sidney Crosby's wrist shot.

the NHL 20 is quite operational - meme of SuperGoalies of Emperor Palpatine

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 06-19-2019 at 10:16 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:03 PM   #7
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Literally nothing excites me about what they listed.

45 new shot animations - I honestly don't care. There is so much else the game needs besides new shot animations.

81 Player Battle Royal Ones - Honestly WTF! They wasted development time on this? This isn't friggin Fortnite, or Call of Duty. This is like when Ace Combat tried to become Call of Duty in the air. Remember how that worked out?

Goalie BUZZWORD TECH - I'm guessing they had to improve the goalies because they added 45 whole new animations. Wooooooooh! That would be exciting if ZONE ENTRIES worked like the NHL, and the AI on offense and defense wasn't exactly the same as it's been for practically a decade besides incredibly small adjustments.

MOST POPULAR MODES CHEL AND HUT - Yeah, because it's not fun to play Be a Pro and Franchise in SINGLE PLAYER IN 2019! Holy crap! May be HUT and CHEL wouldn't be the most popular if those other modes were online and you didn't put next to NO investment in them year in and year out. They almost only get changed by mistake and due to changing other modes.

More HUT investment - Woo! You had to make MORE cards! I'm sure the 2 guys in the card design department are swamped. Wow. So much investment. Thanks for caring about the average player!

More CHEL customization - Oh the other thing that would just make the game so much better, new scarves, and the ability to wear bunny ears. You've truly completed the game EA.

I'm so upset right now. The effort behind NHL 20 is absolutely embarrassing. This isn't worth $20 bucks as an upgrade to 19.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:04 PM   #8
Rookie

PhillsPhan26's Arena

OVR: 19

Worst thing they could of done was going the Fortnite battle royal with the new game mode. I have seen requests from the community on multi-sites and the only thing that comes close is new commentary. I am sorry but the people who make this game are nowhere in touch with their fan base. It's sad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »