Home

Help Constant Crashes

This is a discussion on Help Constant Crashes within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-19-2018, 11:48 AM   #1
Rookie

cocacolaman's Arena

OVR: 4
Help Constant Crashes

I try to create a team and it always crashes when i go to make the 3rd jersey.
I was able to workaround by saving the progress before i made it.
But in Franchise trying to do created team it always crashes again when making jersey and I can not save prior cause there's no option to save while starting in franchise.

Is there a workaround or fix for all the constant crash issues. I can't play a game, create a team or start a franchise with this game without crash. This is the worst I've ever seen with a new game. I'm playing on PS4 Pro Console. What could be going on?? Am I the only one?

Any suggestions to fix them is appreciated. I did delete and do a another install but same issue.....crash crash crashy crash.....soon this game going into TRASH.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2018, 11:55 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: Help Constant Crashes

Had the same issue last night, crashed on me twice. Quite annoying considering you can't save midway through creation for franchise mode.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:07 PM   #3
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0

I got around the bug by creating my team in Create-A-Team instead of in the actual franchise mode. Then you can save your progress every little bit as you go and not lose everything when it crashes. You can import the created team in expansion franchise mode and still do the expansion draft and stuff. Only problem is you can't do that for the AHL affiliate.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-19-2018, 04:09 PM   #4
Rookie

cocacolaman's Arena

OVR: 4

Yes that's when it crashes when try to edit the AHL if it makes it past the 3rd jersey for the main club. I have tired now 6 times and every time it crashes on one or the other. It never did this last year. I contacted EA but of course got no response or reply to messages. This game is so Broken unless you want to do a play now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
I got around the bug by creating my team in Create-A-Team instead of in the actual franchise mode. Then you can save your progress every little bit as you go and not lose everything when it crashes. You can import the created team in expansion franchise mode and still do the expansion draft and stuff. Only problem is you can't do that for the AHL affiliate.

Old 09-19-2018, 04:52 PM   #5
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacolaman
Yes that's when it crashes when try to edit the AHL if it makes it past the 3rd jersey for the main club. I have tired now 6 times and every time it crashes on one or the other. It never did this last year. I contacted EA but of course got no response or reply to messages. This game is so Broken unless you want to do a play now.
I was able to get through the AHL customization in mine, but I just got lucky I suppose. I was also aware of the crash issue since I read about it and had it happen to me once, so I was very careful in my approach to not cruise too quickly through the menus. For me the crash happened when it was trying to render an object and while it was still rendering it, I went to customize a different one, which caused the crash. I went through more slowly the second time, which may or may not have actually helped, but I made it through.

I'm sure the issue is on the radar. It should never have made it into the game in the first place, but speaking from a coder's perspective, it's often difficult even just to diagnose these kinds of bugs, let alone find the solution. I bet it's a part of patch 1.02.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2018, 12:14 AM   #6
Rookie

gubunko's Arena

OVR: 5

Been happening to me too. Made a habit of writing down my option choices/color changes just to make sure i didn't lose too much on each crash.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »