Home

EA Sports NHL 07 PSP - A quest for an update

This is a discussion on EA Sports NHL 07 PSP - A quest for an update within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-27-2018, 04:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
EA Sports NHL 07 PSP - A quest for an update

So, every once in a while I dust off my old PSP to play some NHL 07.

I have always wanted to update the uniforms, because 2006 was a long time ago, and most teams don't wear the same uniforms they did back then (I'm looking at you, Washington, Buffalo, Vancouver, and so on). Also, the Thrashers have moved to Winnipeg (my home town) etc.

So I was looking around online to see if any progress had been made in the past few years, and was pleased to find it had, only not the way I expected.

I came across this thread:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...2-ncaa-64.html

and started reading up.

In short, between this thread and my experience modding NHL games for the PC, I was able to replace uniforms in the game.

In this thread I'm going to document the way I was able to do this, as well as describe my progress.

If anyone is interested in an NHL 07 graphics update, I'm going to slowly go through the league and replace the home and away uniforms for all the NHL teams, and make a custom Winnipeg Jets to replace the Atlanta Thrashers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2018, 06:20 AM   #2
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

Re: EA Sports NHL 07 PSP - A quest for an update

I have played the game in question and it is decent, most recent rosters are from 2015-16.

One thing that takes me out of the experience is the lack of team specific goal horns. Stupid decision by EA.
Old 05-27-2018, 02:09 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

I've always loved the gameplay in NHL07 on PSP or PC. And just updated rosters for this game would be great let alone uniforms. I've tried playing with it to do updates but it is an absolutely horrible experience messing with any edits with the awfully slow menu system. It would be great if it could be edited with NHLView but it can't. Just my own opinion, but if rosters existed and not uniforms, I'd be fine with that. I guess I don't understand the outdated uniform issue that much. I'm now playing a 2K8 and 2K10 with certain teams having up to date uniforms and while it IS cool, hearing, "the home team" and "the visiting team" when these created teams play is more to kill the experience than a team with an old out of date uniform. I guess, to each his or her own.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:30 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWEDX2007
I have played the game in question and it is decent, most recent rosters are from 2015-16.

One thing that takes me out of the experience is the lack of team specific goal horns. Stupid decision by EA.
The goal horns I can understand. Looking back at it, there's a lot of stuff they didn't try to do due to the limited space on the UMD (I'm guessing). Still, I agree it would have been better.

If they didn't have arena-specific ice, that would have been even worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
I've always loved the gameplay in NHL07 on PSP or PC. And just updated rosters for this game would be great let alone uniforms. I've tried playing with it to do updates but it is an absolutely horrible experience messing with any edits with the awfully slow menu system. It would be great if it could be edited with NHLView but it can't. Just my own opinion, but if rosters existed and not uniforms, I'd be fine with that. I guess I don't understand the outdated uniform issue that much. I'm now playing a 2K8 and 2K10 with certain teams having up to date uniforms and while it IS cool, hearing, "the home team" and "the visiting team" when these created teams play is more to kill the experience than a team with an old out of date uniform. I guess, to each his or her own.
The latest emulators (I'm using PPSSPP to test right now) actually can save decrypted (unencrypted? I'm not sure of the nomenclature) data files. I've looked at the save data, and you can see where the bits and pieces are, but I don't have the programming skill to do anything with it.

Part of my plan is to create the Winnipeg Jets and Vegas Golden Knights. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to play a season with 31 teams...

Thank you for your feedback, I'll post more as I progress. Right now I'm still in the middle of preparing the necessary graphics to put in the game.
Old 06-02-2018, 06:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Would be possible to include some cyberfaces on the patch?.
I will be monitoring your work, thanks for your effort!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2018, 11:14 PM   #6
Rookie

I hadn't thought about that, but it would be possible.

The in-game faces aren't worth the effort, due to the lack of graphic depth (unlike the PC version) but facepacks for the menus and so on would be possible.

We'd need an NHL View-like application to make the most of it, though. Without knowing the player ID's for created players it would be really hard.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:28 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_meredith
I hadn't thought about that, but it would be possible.

The in-game faces aren't worth the effort, due to the lack of graphic depth (unlike the PC version) but facepacks for the menus and so on would be possible.

We'd need an NHL View-like application to make the most of it, though. Without knowing the player ID's for created players it would be really hard.
I think is possible the IDīs players can to be the same as the PC version.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:49 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by molifox
I think is possible the IDīs players can to be the same as the PC version.
True, but any created players would be hard to find.

Does anyone know how to view or edit the save data?

Anyone?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »