Home

Where is the PLAYOFF FEEL!?

This is a discussion on Where is the PLAYOFF FEEL!? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-16-2017, 12:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Where is the PLAYOFF FEEL!?

Everyone talks about how the NHL Playoffs is like a whole new level of play in the NHL. How come EA SPorts doesnt capture that Playoff intensity?

Also, how come players and teams all pretty much play alike?

I recall way back when 2K Hockey was around. Each player felt distinctively different in what they brought to the ice. You could build strategies and gameplans around certain players because of their distinctions

Im just not feeling it in the NHL 17 game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2017, 01:20 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Where is the PLAYOFF FEEL!?

Because EA hasn't polished their game in years. It's always lackluster patches of effort with them.

I agree that the playoff atmosphere is very underwhelming in this game. The crowd should be more alive, always on their toes, especially in big markets ala Montreal, Toronto, Edmonton, Boston, New York etc. The play should feel tighter and harder. Even on Superstar difficulty, playing a Stanley Cup Final Game 7 in Overtime tied 2-2, you barely feel any pressure or intensity from the opponent. And when you do, they score the most ridiculous and garbage goals imaginable with softies from the point.

I honestly think EA's NHL franchise is heading downwards and it will until somebody else comes along and challenges them. But that's never gonna happen...
Old 04-16-2017, 05:05 PM   #3
Banned

ejf0255's Arena

It is flat. No increase come playoffs. No matter what the sliders are set at. Would be cool to see like a playoff mode meter where every game would build off each other.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-16-2017, 05:35 PM   #4
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

Just off the top of my head I made these changes to my franchise and I'm getting the best experience I've ever had. Currently in the playoffs and its been awesome. I also player lock a wing position so ratings do matter when cpu's are battling each other instead of me overriding poor players awareness.

Game speed - 4 or 5
Attribute effect - 8

Fatigue effect - 90
Fatigue recovery - 60

Pass min speed - 25
Pass max speed - 55
Puck control - 20
pass accuracy - 2
pass int - 80

Aggression - 80 or 90
Hit power - 15
Skating agility - 0
Puck carrier agility - 0
Speed - 55
Acceleration - 45 or 40

Goalie save reaction speed - 40 or 45

Shooting accuracy - 35 or 40, make sure slap shot is at least 40 so guys can actually hit the net from time to time instead of shooting wide constantly

Penalties - I can't remember specific numbers but drop everything, the high aggression will cause the cpu to take chances and slash,grab,poke and battle so lowering penalties is a must.

AI - learning full
Strategy adjustment - half or full

If you're playing player lock like me, make sure you set your D-line strategies to SHOOT. MAX it out trust me.

Overall its...
Loose pucks, high aggression, missed shots, breakaways, fatigue matters, and the frustration of no calls and the elation of a call for a powerplay.

Last edited by iFnotWhyNoT; 04-16-2017 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:42 AM   #5
Rookie

Jatt96's Arena

I have two different sliders, one is for the Regular Season, and the other is for the Playoffs only. The major difference is higher hitting, less shot accuracy, and WAY more aggression.

This results in the space being so tight to work with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2017, 10:47 AM   #6
Rookie

Jatt96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFnotWhyNoT
If you're playing player lock like me, make sure you set your D-line strategies to SHOOT. MAX it out trust me.
Never thought of doing this, maybe player lock would be more enjoyable...do you have to edit that d-line strategy in game though all the time? Or can you set it before hand?
Old 04-17-2017, 10:53 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatt96
Never thought of doing this, maybe player lock would be more enjoyable...do you have to edit that d-line strategy in game though all the time? Or can you set it before hand?
To piggyback off of this, I play Be A Pro. Is there a way I can edit every teams strategies outside of Be A Pro, then play BAP with CPU/Human strategy adjustment at 0? Would that work? My AI teammates are still weak compared to the CPU's. That's my only issue with the entire mode.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:02 AM   #8
Rookie

Jatt96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikesburgh
To piggyback off of this, I play Be A Pro. Is there a way I can edit every teams strategies outside of Be A Pro, then play BAP with CPU/Human strategy adjustment at 0? Would that work? My AI teammates are still weak compared to the CPU's. That's my only issue with the entire mode.
How did you make your AI teammates as smart as the CPU opposition? Or are you working reverse and trying to make the opposing team's AI as dumb as your teammates AI.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »