Home

NHL 17 Trade Discussion

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Trade Discussion within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-22-2016, 07:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NHL 17 Trade Discussion

Thought it might be helpful to get a thread going where users can ask for advice/feedback on making trades in their franchise and season modes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2016, 08:29 PM   #2
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

Re: NHL 17 Trade Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden57
Thought it might be helpful to get a thread going where users can ask for advice/feedback on making trades in their franchise and season modes.
Made my first trade today

Seth Griffith to San Jose for Donskoi and a 2017 3rd Rd pick!
Old 10-26-2016, 01:34 PM   #3
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

I am going to be starting a franchise with the hometown B's in the coming days and I want to give the aging veterans the first season to improve their value. I plan on either selling and rebuilding at the deadline or in the offseason. Only people off-limits are Bergeron & Marchand. Everybody else is available for the right price. What do you guys think I could get for Krejci? Rask? Chara (maybe a new stick and some pucks? lol) I want to do what the selfish awful Jacobs family is afraid to do in real life. Suck for a couple years, stockpile drat picks and rebuild through homegrown drafted talent
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Old 10-26-2016, 03:12 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxfan31
I am going to be starting a franchise with the hometown B's in the coming days and I want to give the aging veterans the first season to improve their value. I plan on either selling and rebuilding at the deadline or in the offseason. Only people off-limits are Bergeron & Marchand. Everybody else is available for the right price. What do you guys think I could get for Krejci? Rask? Chara (maybe a new stick and some pucks? lol) I want to do what the selfish awful Jacobs family is afraid to do in real life. Suck for a couple years, stockpile drat picks and rebuild through homegrown drafted talent
Krejci and Rask definitely have value, just might get complicated because of their high cap hits. I believe Chara will only have 1 year left if you move him in the off season. Probably could still be worth a 2nd round pick or mid level prospect to a cup contender looking to beef up their top 4.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:18 PM   #5
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

Merry Christmas Don Sweeney!! Your FIRED! The Boston Bruins parted ways with Sweeney who just could not understand the magnitude of his position The Bruins have hired BIGBADASS33 From upstate NY. A lifetime Bruins fan he has absolutely no experience other than playing beer league on Saturday nights at midnight because that's when the ice is cheapest. He was asked how he became the new GM of the Boston Bruins. He was quoted as saying " I saw an add on a job board and applied, next thing you know Mr Jacobs called my cell and we spoke and here we are!"

BIGBADASS33 Starts slow but the trades are coming.

His first trade sent a disgruntled Seth Griffith to San Jose for Joni's Donskoi and a 3rd rd pick in 2017! so far this trade is paying off in spade as Donskoi is off to a fast start scoring goals in his first 5 games also adding 6 helpers!

Next up a future building trade to relive some of the age of the defense

The Bruins trade prospect Justin Hickman and a 2018 4th rd pick to St Louis for Defensman Petteri Lindbohm. Lindbohn is a hard hitting defensman with a huge upside on the offensive side. He will play a lot of games in the Black and Gold! This deal has mad the defensive core full of prospects and younger players.

The previous deal freed up the new GM to pursue a future superstar. The Bruins trade defensive prospect Jeremy Lauzon to Columbus for Center Pierre-Luc Dubois. Dubious upsise and hands make him a perfect fit for the future Bruins at center when that dreaded day Patrice Bergeron retires.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Bruins and Oilers strike a deal!!!!

The Edmonton Oilers have traded their 2nd round pick in 2017 to the Bruins for Malcom Subban and Zac Rinaldo, a 2017 6th & 7th rd pick!

Subban was just not playing up to his potential and needs a fresh new start!

The Bruins have signed goaltender Joni Ortio to a 7yr deal worth 1.625 mil per year

The Bruins currently sit in 1st in the Atlantic Division with a 27-12-1 record!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2016, 02:05 PM   #6
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
Merry Christmas Don Sweeney!! Your FIRED! The Boston Bruins parted ways with Sweeney who just could not understand the magnitude of his position The Bruins have hired BIGBADASS33 From upstate NY. A lifetime Bruins fan he has absolutely no experience other than playing beer league on Saturday nights at midnight because that's when the ice is cheapest. He was asked how he became the new GM of the Boston Bruins. He was quoted as saying " I saw an add on a job board and applied, next thing you know Mr Jacobs called my cell and we spoke and here we are!"

BIGBADASS33 Starts slow but the trades are coming.

His first trade sent a disgruntled Seth Griffith to San Jose for Joni's Donskoi and a 3rd rd pick in 2017! so far this trade is paying off in spade as Donskoi is off to a fast start scoring goals in his first 5 games also adding 6 helpers!

Next up a future building trade to relive some of the age of the defense

The Bruins trade prospect Justin Hickman and a 2018 4th rd pick to St Louis for Defensman Petteri Lindbohm. Lindbohn is a hard hitting defensman with a huge upside on the offensive side. He will play a lot of games in the Black and Gold! This deal has mad the defensive core full of prospects and younger players.

The previous deal freed up the new GM to pursue a future superstar. The Bruins trade defensive prospect Jeremy Lauzon to Columbus for Center Pierre-Luc Dubois. Dubious upsise and hands make him a perfect fit for the future Bruins at center when that dreaded day Patrice Bergeron retires.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Bruins and Oilers strike a deal!!!!

The Edmonton Oilers have traded their 2nd round pick in 2017 to the Bruins for Malcom Subban and Zac Rinaldo, a 2017 6th & 7th rd pick!

Subban was just not playing up to his potential and needs a fresh new start!

The Bruins have signed goaltender Joni Ortio to a 7yr deal worth 1.625 mil per year

The Bruins currently sit in 1st in the Atlantic Division with a 27-12-1 record!
I am gonna give Rask the first couple months of the season and see how he's doing stats wise and if he's doing well then Subban is getting the boot but if Rask is sucking it'll be Subban time in Boston
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Old 10-28-2016, 03:38 PM   #7
Rookie

I'm finding trading for certain elite players extremely difficult, even when matching all trade block requirements, overpaying and turning trade difficulty down to easy.

Examples (off top of my head, can't remember exact offers): 85 OVR Jordan Eberle + 2 firsts for Patrik Laine gets rejected. Or 82 OVR Ivan Provorov + 82 OVR Dylan Strome, 2 firsts for 89 OVR Oliver Ekman-Larsson gets rejected

I fiddled a lot with similar setups as above, but couldn't get anything done. I was able to get Ristolainen 87 OVR for a similar offer as above, as well as 88 OVR Forsberg..

Meanwhile.. I can turn 78 OVR Griffin Reinhart into 82 OVR Jacob Larsson easily lol
Old 11-27-2016, 10:02 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 1

Don't want to give up any Secrets for my Dynasty that i will be posting... Something happens to Florida and their players with my idea but was wondering brendan Gallagher someone like him 85/86ov i tried to package say Riley Smith who is the same overall as him and a 2nd round raft pick and one of my farm players who was 78/79 overall and they still rejected it... are trades that harder in NHL 17 now adays or Montreal not wanting to trade him

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »