Home

NHL 17: Quick Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 17: Quick Impressions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-08-2016, 02:08 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NHL 17: Quick Impressions

In case you weren't aware, the embargo for NHL 17 reviews lifted earlier today. Our review is very much ready to go, but we've decided to keep it back in anticipation of tomorrow's (September 9) newly announced pre-release patch. I will re-evaluate my thoughts after I have had a chance to get hands-on with the new changes.

So, while we wait on the big patch to finalize the review, here are a few quick impressions of the game thus far...

Read More - NHL 17: Quick Impressions
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2016, 02:44 PM   #2
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15
I saw a in-game graphic showing your upcoming next 3 games. So they added something for presentation. That was only in the opening game of the year. Hopefully they will have more of these as you play.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:22 PM   #3
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
I simmed a couple months into the season just to see if there were any new presentation elements. The announcers mentioned that the home games have been sell outs. I also love how both the commentators and presentation graphics mention how many goals a player has scored in the season. I also saw the graphic mentioned above about the next 3 games.
Old 09-08-2016, 05:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I simmed a couple months into the season just to see if there were any new presentation elements. The announcers mentioned that the home games have been sell outs. I also love how both the commentators and presentation graphics mention how many goals a player has scored in the season. I also saw the graphic mentioned above about the next 3 games.
Yeah, there are a few small additions to the presentation department throughout the game. It's largely reminiscent of last year, though, which is why I made the point about stagnation.

I've gone into this in more detail in the review which will be live on OS very soon.
Old 09-08-2016, 05:50 PM   #5
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 17: Quick Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
Can you tell if the commentary is fixed during the pre-game skate? I hated it during my season last year when, despite Lundqvist being 3rd in the league and me being in second place in the division, half the time Eddie and Doc talked about what a bad year Hank was having or how the team was at the bottom of the standings. Sad to hear presentation didn't get much attention but gameplay takes precedence and the new banners should be a nice touch but I hope the above is corrected.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2016, 06:24 PM   #6
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Can you tell if the commentary is fixed during the pre-game skate? I hated it during my season last year when, despite Lundqvist being 3rd in the league and me being in second place in the division, half the time Eddie and Doc talked about what a bad year Hank was having or how the team was at the bottom of the standings. Sad to hear presentation didn't get much attention but gameplay takes precedence and the new banners should be a nice touch but I hope the above is corrected.
So far it seems to have been tightened up.

Also, I played a random franchise game working out sliders and Jay Bouwmeester received an award in the pregame for playing in his 1000th game. It showed him receiving the Silver Stick the league awards for the accomplishment. It probably shows other stuff too.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:55 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
So far it seems to have been tightened up.

Also, I played a random franchise game working out sliders and Jay Bouwmeester received an award in the pregame for playing in his 1000th game. It showed him receiving the Silver Stick the league awards for the accomplishment. It probably shows other stuff too.
Oh that's really cool. It's stuff like that (acknowledging milestones, during and post game statistical analysis) that gets me into the single player modes.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:47 AM   #8
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Played another random franchise game against Nashville and in the score ticket it said Rinne: 3 straight shutouts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »