Home

NHL 17 Gameplay Series Blog - Control The Ice

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Gameplay Series Blog - Control The Ice within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-12-2016, 01:06 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NHL 17 Gameplay Series Blog - Control The Ice

EA Sports sent us this NHL 17 gameplay blog from NHL 17 Producer, Ben Ross, as he highlights some of the new additions to gameplay this year. Some more details can be read on the official blog.

Quote:
The EA SPORTS NHL team is proud to present the first look at gameplay in NHL 17. Own Every Zone with more end-to-end control with authentic goalies featuring positional awareness and reactionary save intelligence, all-new Net Battles for offensive and defensive zone play, and dozens of thrilling new goal celebrations.

Read More - NHL 17 - Control The Ice
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2016, 01:40 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Loving the sound of these gameplay enhancements. Looking forward to seeing more gameplay.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:41 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Some things corrected that annoyed me last year so hopefully that A.I. Is improve in many situations, however the A.I. Needs a revamp completely apposed to revisions and tweaks.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:50 PM   #4
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I'm planning on sinking a lot of time into NHL 17.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:34 PM   #5
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NHL 17 Gameplay Enhancements (Blog)

In writing, a good list of improvements. Hopefully execution is good. The way things started with the news cycle on this one, I was pretty disappointed. The last few updates from Ea on this have been good though. Finally some real details, and some positive news.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2016, 03:12 PM   #6
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Very thorough list of improvements. Happy to see the devs are very much aware of the glaring issues with gameplay (not regarding arcade/sim tunings).

Seeing things like the cpu now being subject to pass charging and all sorts of other user mechanics shows how far behind development of the game has been since the move to this gen. I'll give credit to the small and under-resourced dev team doing their best here.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:36 PM   #7
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

To me, gameplay is by far the most important thing and I have to say that NHL 17 looks really promising. From the day it was said that a better gameplay customization was in the game with 0-100 sliders, I was already pumped. After that, we got news about better stick collisions detection and a lot of new sliders available, including ones to make the puck completely loose if we wanted to. And now, this list of improvements which were needed for the most part.

Like I said, so far, it looks like NHL 17 will be great, and I can't wait to get my hands on the game, just hope I won't be disappointed.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:48 PM   #8
Rookie

Diehardfan's Arena

OVR: 4
Sounds real promising but I don't trust them anymore. Everything looks and sounds great in the pre-release months but always seems to change when the game is in our hands.

I'll believe this stuff...when I see it first hand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »