Home

BE A PRO question

This is a discussion on BE A PRO question within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-15-2016, 12:44 PM   #1
Rookie

Posednik22's Arena

OVR: 0
BE A PRO question

Loving NHL 16 this year and I have a question for BAP....

I created a TWD and played in the memorial cup, Superstar difficulty and got drafted 1st overall by the Edmonton Oilers. Great, cause they really needs some help on the blue line :-)

I'm currently meeting all of my coach's expectations, playing on 1st defensive pair and logging tons of minutes. After 13 games in the season, I'm leading the league in hits with 44 and doing quite well with 6G, 12A for 18PTS and a +10.. Now after a game that I met all of my expectations ''again'' and finishing with 2 PTS and a +2, I hear the news from my GM that I need seasoning in the AHL ? WTF ???

Is this coded in ? Is that standard ? Heck, I was playing like a Norris candidate in my first season and they want me in the AHL ?

Was having a blast with the Oilers, we were having a 10-3 record and now this.... I feel like giving it up now :-(
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2016, 09:56 AM   #2
Rookie

Posednik22's Arena

Re: BE A PRO question

OK, so I'm the only one ?

Wow, this place is dead, lol !
Old 01-16-2016, 06:12 PM   #3
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

I believe this year all BAP players have the "low value" problem, a known issue.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:04 AM   #4
Rookie

Posednik22's Arena

Re: BE A PRO questionf

Thanks for your response Adam. By a known issue, you mean by the developers or the community ? Cause I haven't seen much posts, threads talking about it.... Maybe I haven't looked at right places, lol !
Old 01-17-2016, 10:20 AM   #5
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

Re: BE A PRO questionf

The community definitely knows about it (here's one of many threads on the EA Forums talking about it), but I'm not 100% sure that the devs know. With the many posts about it on the EAF, I do actually believe they are aware that BAP players are having a problem... but beyond that I can't really speculate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2016, 12:57 PM   #6
Rookie

Posednik22's Arena

Thanks again Adam, I've read the thread and seems I'm not the only one... Guess it has to do with your OVR more than anything else, because it's just makes no sense...

I really love BAP this year, just too bad the GM/coach doesn't have a clue :-(

After playing the first 13 games with the Oilers, they called me back up with the big club after 7 games in the AHL... Ah well, lol !

Another question, is it standard that I play Hardcore on Superstar and never ask for a pass and still dominate ??? I know our player is suppose to become a superstar, but now with having a 74 OVR and leading my team in PTS and hits with 7 games less in my 1st season, seems a bit over the top... Would of liked a harder and tougher entry in the big league....
Old 01-23-2016, 08:53 PM   #7
Pro

sabres32's Arena

I'm trying my best not to give up on BAP. My issue is the lack of shots my CPU teammates get on net when I'm simming to my next shift. They hardly get any shots on net and the stats end up being very unrealistic.

I truly feel ea gave up on the NHL series long ago. I'm still trying to have fun but the 2 most important modes in the game to me (be a gm and be a pro) are just lame now. Be a gm is a mode I can still have some fun with but its pretty bland and be a pro isn't terrible but its almost as if the game wants my be a pro to be the only player that gets any stats.

All I need is for my CPU teammates to record shots when I'm off the ice, THATS IT LOL!!!
Old 01-25-2016, 07:16 AM   #8
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posednik22
Thanks again Adam, I've read the thread and seems I'm not the only one... Guess it has to do with your OVR more than anything else, because it's just makes no sense...

I really love BAP this year, just too bad the GM/coach doesn't have a clue :-(

After playing the first 13 games with the Oilers, they called me back up with the big club after 7 games in the AHL... Ah well, lol !

Another question, is it standard that I play Hardcore on Superstar and never ask for a pass and still dominate ??? I know our player is suppose to become a superstar, but now with having a 74 OVR and leading my team in PTS and hits with 7 games less in my 1st season, seems a bit over the top... Would of liked a harder and tougher entry in the big league....
Yes, it is normal unfortunately. Humans will always be better than AI players, especially in BAP, where the game has to play for you. I think EA tried to counteract this "Easy Road to 99" with the quick demotions this year... but that didn't work.

For me, I've always played CHL in BAP. That's where domination is realistic, so I don't have to feel bad about the problem you detail.

Good luck.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »