Home

Gamechanger Event #1 - Wishlists and Gameplay Feedback

This is a discussion on Gamechanger Event #1 - Wishlists and Gameplay Feedback within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-26-2015, 02:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Gamechanger Event #1 - Wishlists and Gameplay Feedback

Hello NHL Community,

There is an upcoming Gamechanger event in early December. This is considered to be a very conceptual meeting and to be strongly focused on the feedback and features of game design. NHL 16 has been out in the hands of gamers and fans for around two and a half months and since making the leap to the current generation of consoles we can all agree it definitely isn't perfect.

The NHL 16 iteration of the Gamechanger's had provided valuable feedback to developers as they were on hand to provide thoughts on anything they needed 24/7. The general feeling was that the game was heading in the right direction as the previous title NHL 15 had strayed far away from what we expected to have in an NHL game. This year, so far it has had its ups, but not without its frustrations. The Gamechangers will be involved at a much earlier stage than in the past and this has the highest potential to have an impact on the direction the community wants the NHL series to go in.

In short, the purpose of this is too find out what you guys want to see in the game, how certain features should work and to gather feedback for what is already there. Reaching out to you guys can help centralize the thoughts and feedback that we have as a community so it can be documented and presented to the developers at the first Gamechanger event.

A month ago a thread was started on LG and EA forums to try and gain some feedback on what you guys thought of the gameplay and what you guys thought could change. That information has been gathered and documented, it also has helped reflect what you have seen in the recent tuners and updates.

Here is what we would be looking for:

Quote:
Game Mode: What game mode you are talking about, or what game mode you'd like to see in the game. (IE: EASHL, GM, HUT, Be a Pro, General Gameplay)
Feature/Gameplay Title: The feature you are talking about. (IE: TPS, Vision Control, Hitting, Shooting)
Feature/Gameplay issue: What is the problem with the feature you mentioned? (IE: Doesn't Exist, Doesn't feel right, has bad collision detection)
Feature/Gameplay Solution: How would you solve the issue above? (IE: Increase the accuracy slightly on all shots, bump up the hitting slightly on everyone.)
There has been plenty of discussion with TPS (True Performance Skating), Vision Control, Hitting, Shooting and much more. This is just a way to get everything together so we can help mold the future of the NHL series together.

Wishlists are definitely welcome as well!

We all thank your for giving us this opportunity to represent you as a voice that can talk freely and directly to the studio. We hope to continue to bridge the gap between the developers and the community as we move forward.

Thank you,

~EA NHL Gamechangers

Last edited by Tonyferelli; 11-26-2015 at 02:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2015, 04:21 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Gamechanger Event #1 - Wishlists and Gameplay Feedback

Bring back GM connected with the option to play shorter seasons and custom sliders. A web interface would be nice too. Also need the option for shorter season in the offline GM mode !

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2015, 01:37 AM   #3
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Talk to Adam Jones and BigWill33. I think AdamJones has a huge packet hanging around here and also one he sent to EA. I hope you're being sincere and don't let us scare you off. Weren't not exactly happy with this series, or how gamechangers were handled last year. BigWill "prophesied" that we wouldn't see much of him/them. We haven't.

This is a thread to start. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...list-time.html
Old 11-27-2015, 04:15 AM   #4
MVP

Nickflyers's Arena

OVR: 16

GameMode: BAGM
Feature: Morale

This needs to be fleshed out better. It's a good start and adds some much needed immersion to the mode, but many of us have ran into issues where players that aren't fully recovered from injuries would become disgruntled and demand trades if they were scratched while still recovering.

That leaves the players with two options. Deal with an angry player and see his overall plummet and not recover or play said player and risk additional injury.

Another "bug/issue" with the morale is that it's pretty much a given if you select the 2nd option you get positive or no morale effect 90% of the time. Half the complaints don't really make much sense to begin with and really need some variety and logic behind it.

Twitch

YouTube Channel
Old 11-27-2015, 08:32 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is for GM Mode. It would be great to have a extra minor league team in GM Mode, like a ECHL team where we could send our prospect that are not good enough for the AHL so they can play and develop. MLB The Show does a fantastic job at this. If I have, lets say, a 55 overall top 9 forward and I want to develop him and he is not good enough for my AHL team, I wants him to play so he can grow!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2015, 11:42 AM   #6
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkin962
This is for GM Mode. It would be great to have a extra minor league team in GM Mode, like a ECHL team where we could send our prospect that are not good enough for the AHL so they can play and develop. MLB The Show does a fantastic job at this. If I have, lets say, a 55 overall top 9 forward and I want to develop him and he is not good enough for my AHL team, I wants him to play so he can grow!

I strongly agree here. Though, I understand licensing could be a problem which is why I would be in favor of fictional leagues if they supported a more "realistic" Be a GM.

For example, you could send players to a "D-League" (developmental) that could just simulate stats and progression.

It would be great if all leagues were integrated... sort of a world of hockey (IIHF) even if some leagues were fictional (i.e. the KHL).

If the game imitated real life (the whole resign phase is lame) but had to substitute in some made up components in place of real life counterparts, it would still be cool.

Stats need to be scaled to user settings. If I'm playing 10-minute periods, then I'm averaging around 30 faceoffs per game. Even if I play a small amount of games my stats compared with the rest of the league are off. At least an option for this would be a good idea, ya know like they had back in NHL 96.

Also, some good gameplay that includes defensive aspects of the game. Like, tie-ups and neutral zone pressure. At least a setting or mode for offline realism. I too don't want to play long games online, but when it comes to a Be a GM/Franchise/Dynasties depth, realism and options are key.
Old 11-27-2015, 01:04 PM   #7
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscosuper
I strongly agree here. Though, I understand licensing could be a problem which is why I would be in favor of fictional leagues if they supported a more "realistic" Be a GM.

For example, you could send players to a "D-League" (developmental) that could just simulate stats and progression.

It would be great if all leagues were integrated... sort of a world of hockey (IIHF) even if some leagues were fictional (i.e. the KHL).

If the game imitated real life (the whole resign phase is lame) but had to substitute in some made up components in place of real life counterparts, it would still be cool.

Stats need to be scaled to user settings. If I'm playing 10-minute periods, then I'm averaging around 30 faceoffs per game. Even if I play a small amount of games my stats compared with the rest of the league are off. At least an option for this would be a good idea, ya know like they had back in NHL 96.

Also, some good gameplay that includes defensive aspects of the game. Like, tie-ups and neutral zone pressure. At least a setting or mode for offline realism. I too don't want to play long games online, but when it comes to a Be a GM/Franchise/Dynasties depth, realism and options are key.

Can't agree with this enough—both with resepect to GM mode and neutral zone pressure.

I want to see less-skilled players who get bottled up in the neutral zone opt to get the puck in deep. There are already some fairly well balanced mechanics with pinning and managing speed and randomness of puck physics for defensemen turning and trying to settle and possess a puck on a dump in. The AI just needs to be more decisive about when it loses the front foot on attack.

GM mode needs to get integrated like FIFA's manager mode. I'm not sure if this is a licensing issue though—like one or more licenses forbids a mode where the leagues interact.

With the World Cup coming up, and it being an NHL property, this would be a great excuse to start the work on integrating leagues, and international competition into one mode so we could draw players for national teams from the fluid rosters of different leagues. Obviously the World Juniors (or non-IIHF licensed equivalent) would be a great top prospect tournament.

The series does a great job with licensing pretty much all of the world's important leagues, but a fake Russian League for such a mode would be great. Moscow Red Stars vs. Vladivostok Commodores would be sweet. And yeah, if the ECHL is too much of a licensing investment for not a lot of return, give us a fake second tier d-league.
Old 11-27-2015, 11:11 PM   #8
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

We want more player separation. We want them to use more of the 1-99 scale than they currently do. We want to feel the difference between our first line and our fourth line. There needs to be a huge difference between John Scott and Sidney Crosby.

Attributes need to matter more. If a player has a low deking rating, he should be really bad at doing moves and lose the puck frequently. Sounds simple, right? But currently, lowering attributes does not make enough of a difference to reflect real life player player separation.

Roster updates - we need more of them. Period. They have to reflect the current product on TV.

Every single attribute matters. Don't just assign attributes randomly. Look up scouting reports online. Watch film on the players.

Need help with the rosters? You know where to find me. I've done the Revamped Rosters for years now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »