Home

Why this series is dying

This is a discussion on Why this series is dying within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 10:19 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Why this series is dying

It's stagnant and dying because it has no competition. There's no urgency to make a better game than the competitor. So what you have is a game that the first year it went next gen; they literally stripped the game and shipped it bare-bones. So they've settled and so have we -- for tweaks instead of changes or innovation. I'll be shocked if NHL 17 is much different than 16 and I hope I'm shocked. Maybe one day.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:56 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
As someone who attended Community Day for NHL10, I hate to say that this series has spun in place for many years. Regardless of the community events and game changers, the same problems continue to haunt this series and aren't addressed. Core gameplay issues that really prevent this series from moving forward from a gameplay standpoint. For example, how many years have we given feedback on the lack of penalties?

Instead, time and resources are spent on card packs and HUT. Or worse yet, re-introducing game modes that were in the game previously (like season mode, other leagues, etc). Where is the innovation in this series?

Where are the penalties? The player differentiation that we have all asked for? Rinse and repeat.

Let's face it, the lack of competition has dragged this series to a halt.
100% agree! EA GameChanger is only one big and expensive Marketing Nonsens.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:43 AM   #59
Pro

OVR: 7

I would, at the very least, like them to just focus on a game that feels GOOD to control. Make skating, passing, stick handling and goaltending feel sublime. Right now, it's a case of fighting your controller for 25 minutes. Just make the core controls feel good and responsive and I can forgive a lot more of the other junk.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:48 AM   #60
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

And locked. You guys had some very interesting and productive conversation going (which I hope to see picked up in another thread), but a few users undo most of it.

Bans will be handed out shortly in an effort to keep the constructive conversation going and the trolling out of it.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

Last edited by Millennium; 11-16-2015 at 06:55 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »