Home

Old Tuner Thread (not constructive)

This is a discussion on Old Tuner Thread (not constructive) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 09:39 PM   #1
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Old Tuner Thread (not constructive)

So I went online today and a new tuner update installed. It overwrites the old one so it's the only tuner available (latest and 1.00 are the same). Well in typical EA fashion, offline players don't matter and this tuner is clearly designed for on liners. It has totally ruined offline play. It's straight up arcade hockey now.heres what I noticed in 2 games offline.
Skating faster. (I have it on 2 now feels like default)
Big hits galore
Most poke checks lead to tripping (human only and no spamming)
Goalies can't stop a beach ball.
CPU no longer takes penalties

I'm so ****ing mad right now because I had the game playing great and this update so bad i can't even play it at all now. I'm curious to see what other off liners see with this update but I don't recommend downloading it. Why does EA do so many things wrong. Would it be so hard to make the update 1.01 so we choose which to use. Game is now garbage.

Last edited by jake19ny; 09-28-2015 at 09:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 09:42 PM   #2
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: WARNING: new tuner update ruins offline play

Haven't seen any of what you've described. Definitely got the tuner, and definitely experienced some gameplay changes. Nothing "ruined" as you've described.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:46 PM   #3
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

I'm so annoyed I don't have the patience to mess with it but hopefully I just need to go back to the frustrating task of finding the right sliders because using the sliders, that made my games awesome before new tuner, I'm now getting what I posted above. I feel like they did it to stop the online pole check spammers and increase hitting but it's had a bad effect on offline play

Last edited by jake19ny; 09-28-2015 at 09:53 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:54 PM   #4
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Haven't seen any of what you've described. Definitely got the tuner, and definitely experienced some gameplay changes. Nothing "ruined" as you've described.

Its the same thing every year with him as its always something that wrecks the game for him whether it be a tuner or wrong goalie mask I been playing all day with the Latest tuner and notice nothing wildly different

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 09-28-2015 at 11:03 PM. Reason: sp
Old 09-28-2015, 11:01 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

Things I've noticed so far is that Poke Check = tripping penalty. There have been 3 penalties in the first period, all for tripping. 2 against me, one against the CPU.

Also, the only difference in the sliders I'm using, is that I lowered pass accuracy for both teams to 0. Usually when I play, I'll score, then the CPU will score. I'm TOR playing CAR and I'm winning 4-0 in the first period.

Now, this is position lock. But I have 4 goals on 9 shots. It feels like they made the goalies weaker.

Update: 6 - 0 still in the first. In the time I've played using these sliders, this has never been this easy. I feel like EA messed something up like the goalies. These goals I'm scoring are soft. And yes, It's funny to be complaining that I'm scoring too much! But it just lost any "SIM" feeling now.

Last edited by Steven547; 09-28-2015 at 11:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 11:02 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

This is a ridiculous over-reaction...I can poke check just fine, assuming I do it intelligently and not just sweep at the other guy's feet.

The latter half of this video I swipe the puck away several times on the forecheck. And the first half is the aftermath of a CPU penalty. They still happen, and I'm still using the same settings I was for my impressions thread post. In a nutshell, that means Hardcore defaults except Pass and Shooting accuracy sliders zeroed, along with Pass Speed. Game speed zeroed too.

I'll post the full game a bit later once it uploads just so you can see I'm not cherry-picking my results....it still feels very similar to the old tuner to me.

Last edited by bcruise; 09-28-2015 at 11:17 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:35 PM   #7
Just started!

Game is great now penalties are great!
Old 09-29-2015, 12:02 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Part 1 of 2 (up to the end of the 2nd period - Sharefactory has a 30 min limit apparently)

I don't remember if both happened in the 2nd part, but I'll say it upfront - I had 2 penalties in this game, and both were user-induced tripping. And both were bad uses of the poke check - in too close or from the side/behind. Either of those can draw a penalty, and I don't really see anything wrong with that. You can watch the whole game and see that I had plenty of successful pokes, and even got away with or two obvious trips without getting called. As did the CPU - it definitely took whacks at me that weren't called (I felt it in the controller as it slashed me a few times...lol)
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »