Home

EASHL Beta Shows Improvement for the Mode, But Some Old Issues Remain

This is a discussion on EASHL Beta Shows Improvement for the Mode, But Some Old Issues Remain within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-04-2015, 10:35 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
EASHL Beta Shows Improvement for the Mode, But Some Old Issues Remain

Glenn has given his thoughts on the EASHL beta, and now I'm ready to hop in with my own thoughts. Also check out the video we recorded yesterday with thoughts on EASHL's Beta...

Read More - EASHL Beta Shows Improvement for the Mode, But Some Old Issues Remain
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2015, 11:59 AM   #2
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
Awesome, awesome, awesome write-up! Especially regarding all of the remaining issues the NHL has had for years regarding CPU AI and such. Even more especially regarding the poor AI team mate defense in the crease; it is almost a game breaker for me at this point after having to deal with it for so many years now.

Good to see some strides are being made, though. I'm not sure this year's game warrants a purchase for me just yet, but it is looking a lot better than NHL 15.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:38 PM   #3
Rookie

You did the right up so I wouldn't need to! Thanks. Just a few notes to add. I have seen to shots from the blue line go in without deflection. One of them the goalie wasn't screened at all, we lost. I been injured by a shot a couple of times but it's when I'm not blocking a shot, the puck just hit me luckly and I went down.
Please let me set my team strategies from the man menu like hut. I also second that in ranked as well.
Old 08-04-2015, 05:43 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
I like this write up.

I really love the differentiation between player classes.
Cheap players are going to be so frustrated that their snipers can't both score and wreck opponents.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:54 PM   #5
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

OVR: 2
Great write up, but I do disagree with the feelings on people forcing the goalie to pass from the cover up. It's definitely not covered by a force field anymore, my club has scored several goals directly after a team attempted that cheap play. I've also noticed in general that you can't just pass to any one you want, players in the way will knock the puck off its path/steal it. So teams that constantly call for passes from comp players put their teams in horrible positions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2015, 08:03 AM   #6
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: EASHL Beta Shows Improvement for the Mode, But Some Old Issues Remain

Its still there for sure you can have 2 players on top of the goalie and he just passes it out through you. Maybe if your off of the goalie a little it happens but it has always been the case but an interception or a lose puck should be the norm not the rare exception.

Great write up its pretty spot on.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:27 PM   #7
Rookie

Great write up, agree with a lot of your points.

I enjoyed the EASHL mode and thought it was better than NHL 14s. However, issues still remain.

I also agree a lot on your last point, game is way more fun with a full team whereas 2s or 3s games can drag.

I would also add that the most aggravating thing about short side wristers going in (IMO) isn't that they go in, but it feels like to me its the only way to score with a wrister. Its very rare to see a wrister go in far side.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:26 PM   #8
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Is it just guys not holding L2, or do players still move really terribly when backing up with the puck?

I noticed a ton of defenders who received won faceoffs or passes doing that obnoxious pivot around, almost in place, instead of making strides backwards, or forward and to the side. It's been driving me insane forever. The number of times I've taken a puck offside on a clean win was entirely too high.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »