Home

NHL 16 Update #2 - EA Dev Ben - Stick/Puck Collisions, Passing, and Defense

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Update #2 - EA Dev Ben - Stick/Puck Collisions, Passing, and Defense within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-11-2015, 01:06 AM   #1
Rookie

betweenthepipes's Arena

OVR: 0
NHL 16 Update #2 - EA Dev Ben - Stick/Puck Collisions, Passing, and Defense

If you haven't read the posts already, an EA dev (Ben) answered some questions on the forums and addressed some concerns.

His main points are stick/puck collisions, improved passing mechanic, and defensive stuff.

Here is a video covering that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAtwOS3h9z0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 06:53 AM   #2
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 16 Update #2 - EA Dev Ben - Stick/Puck Collisions, Passing, and Defense

Nice work on the video, you had some good insight on the topics covered.

I'm a little more optimistic that the game won't be as disappointing as NHL15 was gameplay-wise on current gen consoles.

I'm still pretty worried that nothing has been mentioned about goalie improvements as I felt they took a sizable step back in the PS4 version of NHL15 compared to the 360/PS3 versions on NHL14.

Old 06-11-2015, 11:32 AM   #3
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Great vid, thanks.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:21 PM   #4
Rookie

betweenthepipes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visualizer
Nice work on the video, you had some good insight on the topics covered.

I'm a little more optimistic that the game won't be as disappointing as NHL15 was gameplay-wise on current gen consoles.

I'm still pretty worried that nothing has been mentioned about goalie improvements as I felt they took a sizable step back in the PS4 version of NHL15 compared to the 360/PS3 versions on NHL14.
I am slightly more optimistic as well. There seems to be a lot of good things being talked about. I'll wait until I see it or play it to be completely satisfied.

As a fellow goalie, I am very concerned about them dodging goalie questions. I know the game changers said they can't talk about goalies because EA isn't sure whats going to happen. They said they want to make changes, but if they don't have time those changes won't make it into the game.

I will be severely disappointed if the goalies don't get a revamp this year (i have a bias as it's my main position). I'm very supportive for the preset classes for EASHL and how it should make the game more competitive, however I think goalies may be SOL if they don't give us an update.

@Vikes1 - thanks!
Old 06-11-2015, 01:57 PM   #5
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by betweenthepipes

I will be severely disappointed if the goalies don't get a revamp this year (i have a bias as it's my main position). I'm very supportive for the preset classes for EASHL and how it should make the game more competitive, however I think goalies may be SOL if they don't give us an update.
This is the one area of the game that hasn't changed since the transition to the more powerful consoles with NHL 07. Of course there have been tweaks to goalies along the way, but their movement and all around body of work is the exact same. Nothing has changed as far as style or less warping which are the major issues. All that's been done is the goalies have been used as a band aid to prevent cheese goals. The developers don't care if that means diving or using saves that would never ever happen to prevent those types of goals. They just want to try and prevent those goals whichever way possible. It's so aggrevating. I've always said if you teamed up the way the goalies look in the NHL series, with the way the goalies move in 2k (especially 2k8), we would have exactly what we want in this area. It's time for a change with this. It's been almost 10 years with the exact same goalie mechanics.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 02:11 PM   #6
Rookie

betweenthepipes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
This is the one area of the game that hasn't changed since the transition to the more powerful consoles with NHL 07. Of course there have been tweaks to goalies along the way, but their movement and all around body of work is the exact same. Nothing has changed as far as style or less warping which are the major issues. All that's been done is the goalies have been used as a band aid to prevent cheese goals. The developers don't care if that means diving or using saves that would never ever happen to prevent those types of goals. They just want to try and prevent those goals whichever way possible. It's so aggrevating. I've always said if you teamed up the way the goalies look in the NHL series, with the way the goalies move in 2k (especially 2k8), we would have exactly what we want in this area. It's time for a change with this. It's been almost 10 years with the exact same goalie mechanics.

Annnnd as we say that EA announces something about goalies lmao.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »