Home

Considering Purchasing This Game

This is a discussion on Considering Purchasing This Game within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-26-2014, 02:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Considering Purchasing This Game

I am interested in taking advantage of the $30 price of this game and I have a few questions;

-Is CPU vs CPU available in franchise/season mode?

Is there a season mode so that I can watch/play any or all of the scheduled games?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2014, 02:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Considering Purchasing This Game

Decided not to get the game due to lack of modes and poor ratings. Should have known there was a reason for the price drop and the poor sales numbers.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:28 AM   #3
Rookie

betweenthepipes's Arena

OVR: 0

Good choice man. It wasn't worth the full price, not worth the half price.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:10 AM   #4
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

I picked up the game because I love hockey games and have been playing them for years. Yeah it's not the greatest game ever made, but it's hockey. I didn't get it until about 2 weeks ago because of all the negative press I have read on it. I'm glad I did though, because its hockey.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:02 AM   #5
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

The game isn't god awful. It certainly has it's exceptional moments and it's huge downfalls. What it is is standard EA, back and forth, up and down hockey. It's not a sim, but the gameplay is better than other years ONCE you adjust the sliders. If you play online, just don't bother.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2014, 03:39 PM   #6
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by betweenthepipes
Good choice man. It wasn't worth the full price, not worth the half price.
Even if it drops to $20, its not worth it. Yea some improvements here and there but if modes are not there, whats the use. I got my copy free and i traded it after 2-3 weeks.

So hopefully EA could see the writings on the wall regarding the poor sales of 15 and improve this in 16.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:00 PM   #7
Just started!

HockeyKraut's Arena

First off: English is not my first language, so be prepared for some misspellings, weird wording and nonsense phrases.

Anyway: I think 30.00 $ is a reasonable price - Unlike the 59.00 / 69.00 $ for the initial release.

Over the last months many people have voiced their opinion and wrote reviews, so it's easier these days for other guys to decide whether or not they should buy this game or not.

It all boils down to where your personal interest lie.

This game is heavily HUT-favored (although, EA even "castrated" their biggest cash cow, by not porting offline HUT tournaments over to XBOX 1) while on the other hands it lacks the most basic game modes (EAHL, Couch Co-op, Season. etc.).

The pucks are still glued to the sticks and if you think the collision detection of the earlier installments were crappy - this time around they are back with a vengeance and even more annoying.

BUT, what I really like is the improved puck physics and the presentation.
That's pretty much it for me. I like playing HUT (mostly offline), trying to collect all of the players of my favorite team, while my wife likes to work the auction house - so, she's running the box office, while I take care of the rest.

So, although this game has more bugs than a hobo's beard I still can enjoy parts of it and I think 30.00 $ for those parts is a fair price, but I definitely would not pay a single Cent more for this half-assed hockey game.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:13 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

I just got an xbox one on Friday, I played the demo and I want to buy the game especially since its $38 right now on the xbox store(I'm going totally digital with my xbox one no more disks) I know they added modes recently, is season mode in the game? I can play be a gm but would rather do season mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »