Home

Despite Its Issues, NHL 15 Is Still a Thrill On-Ice

This is a discussion on Despite Its Issues, NHL 15 Is Still a Thrill On-Ice within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-30-2014, 02:49 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Despite Its Issues, NHL 15 Is Still a Thrill On-Ice

By now the gaming public fully understands that the next-generation of NHL 15 by EA Sports is at best a scaled back version of the its last-generation predecessor. Missing modes and poor developer communication has blemished the titles release, and sadly pushed the improvements into the shadows of the internet. NHL 15 next-gen has a few advantages in its corner, but due to the lack of communication about what actually would be included in the title, most will be overlooked.

One of the advantages that the next-gen version of NHL 15 has going for it is the actual gameplay itself, which is a huge plus. While this factor alone may not be enough for even the staunchest of hockey fan to warrant a purchase, those who have taken the plunge have experienced firsthand what is capable on the new systems.

Read More - Despite Its Issues, NHL 15 Is Still a Thrill On-Ice
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 03:07 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
On ice is fantastic. Sure improvements need to be made but it is a leap over NHL 14. It's a shame that the game itself gets dismissed due to lack of game modes but looking on it purely on ice it's plays a great game.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:14 PM   #3
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Despite Its Issues, NHL 15 Is Still a Thrill On-Ice

YES. The gameplay is off the charts this year, I am having so much fun with it. 3 goal comeback in HUT? Yes, please. Looking forward to the return of OTP, lets see how it holds up then.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:47 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
Completely agree and I'm glad you wrote this. I never got into the other modes that have been left out so that was never an issue to me, give me beagm as barebones as it is with this gameplay every time, I'm happy. It's a very solid foundation moving forward. And now they came out with playoff mode for couch pvp with my brother and we are good, better than playing play now against each other. I don't regret my purchase one bit.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:55 PM   #5
Rookie

Agreed. Most FUN i have had with the game in years. I banged this around in my head for almost a week before buying the game but couch co op and play now get the most rotation in any of my sports title. I dont have the time for seasons or franchise. What is there is awesome and the addition of the playoff mode gives me all i need right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 04:02 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1
Nice to see some positive comments. I await OTP as well!
Old 09-30-2014, 06:40 PM   #7
Rookie

Gameplay was really bad on launch, but the tuner was a huge improvement. I love it now. I'm scoring a variety of goals, i'm loving the pileups and accidental collisions, aside from the odd boxing out of the goalie i've seen now and then. Some of the goals and bounces look so good I'm extremely disappointed that the stat tracker isn't in to capture my highlights to watch after the game.

Outside of gameplay and on ice presentation, the game is such a huge step back. Ignoring the missing modes, Things like stats, and HUT, I spent the last 2-3 years justifying their lack of innovation thinking "well once next gen comes out they'll completely revamp it for the better!" then i get into the game, and they actually made those areas worse.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:46 PM   #8
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Re: Despite Its Issues, NHL 15 Is Still a Thrill On-Ice

Been saying this all along on gameplay alone in Play Now this game is worth the money and Playoff Mode is all ever play anyways so Im set

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »