Home

Deflection control?

This is a discussion on Deflection control? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-25-2014, 06:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Deflection control?

Has ever been any talk of a deflection control button? This wouldnt work playing alone, but for Be a pro and online it would make the game much more realistic.

I like to get drunk and play with a buddy against people online, would be nice for one person to sit in front of the net trying to deflect a shot....

This would work in two ways..

The right stick you control where you are trying to deflect the shot and then there should be a button you have to press as the puck is by you in order to deflect it. Bthe timing would have to be right or no deflection occurs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 09:16 AM   #2
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Deflection control?

Yeah I agree,
I always wanted to have deflections and bat ins on the volley to be a move that you had to manually control.
Instead you're best off not touching the controller if you want a deflection or a bat in.

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex
Old 09-26-2014, 12:39 PM   #3
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

I remember the idea being batted around in NHL13 i think it was, that holding L2 to face the puck carrier would get you to turn and face the shot, and help increase your chances of a deflection. It would be nice if EA added some control for that. Maybe hold L and flick the right stick in the direction of the shot to try for a deflection or batted puck. Relying on the AI to do it is frustrating.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:57 PM   #4
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

When I see a rebound pop out, I frantically hit up on the right stick. Im pretty sure nothing happens.

Is this what you guys are referring to?
Old 09-29-2014, 05:15 AM   #5
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
I remember the idea being batted around in NHL13 i think it was, that holding L2 to face the puck carrier would get you to turn and face the shot, and help increase your chances of a deflection. It would be nice if EA added some control for that. Maybe hold L and flick the right stick in the direction of the shot to try for a deflection or batted puck. Relying on the AI to do it is frustrating.
Yup, just like manual passing, manual shot aim and whatnot, many player like myself love to have control over things that happen on the ice.
So in hardcore mode, or it could even be an on/off option for manual deflections and manual batting our of the air.

And yes, I do think that facing the shot will increase the chances of deflecting. When I'm playing with mates, or if I play with position lock, I usually skate backwards into the slot/crease by holding L2 and by doing that is always facing the shooter, and it seems to give good results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
When I see a rebound pop out, I frantically hit up on the right stick. Im pretty sure nothing happens.

Is this what you guys are referring to?
What we're talking about is rebounds that are up in the air, and actual deflections of shots.
If you pull up on the stick, your player will shot in a rebound if the puck is on the ice, but for a puck that's in mid-air that you wanna bat in, or if you want to deflect a shot, there seems to be nothing you can do, except doing nothing.

If the puck bounces out in the air, and you let go of the controller it's very likely that your player will bat it in.
However if you try to bat it but pulling your RS, nothing will happen.

You never see a player try to bat in the puck out of the air and miss the puck, which is something that I think should occur if you had manual control of it and try to hit it, but mis-timed it.

Last edited by JezFranco; 09-29-2014 at 05:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 05:55 AM   #6
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezFranco
If you pull up on the stick, your player will shot in a rebound if the puck is on the ice,
This does not work as often as it should.

I have a feeling its got to do with the fact that right stick is used for checking and the game does not know if we want to check or swing our stick.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:55 AM   #7
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
This does not work as often as it should.

I have a feeling its got to do with the fact that right stick is used for checking and the game does not know if we want to check or swing our stick.
Hold L2 while wiffing your right stick, and your player should not check.

Old 09-29-2014, 01:38 PM   #8
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezFranco
Hold L2 while wiffing your right stick, and your player should not check.
Oh god, i remember back before they added that. So many interference penalties in my own zone...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »