Home

BAP Every other shift

This is a discussion on BAP Every other shift within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
BAP Every other shift

Be a pro has always been my go to mode since NHL 09. I can live with not having the live the life features for a year. I can deal with no simming to next shift (altho it's extremely annoying), I can even deal with the fact there's no play as an NHL pro which was always my preference to play. The thing that completely makes Be a pro unplayable is that you play every other shift and end up logging 30 plus minutes of ice time while the stars on the team gare lucky to log 10 minutes.

Ican't believe I've been waiting 11 months for this. What's eveb worse is that it looks like the impotant issues in BAP aren't going to get fixed, instead we are getting coaches feeback. Does anyone even miss coaches feedback? C'mon EA! Get your priorities straight!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 12:49 PM   #2
Rookie

Hammettf2b's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: BAP Every other shift

You have no one to blame but yourself. You still bought the game knowing what it was missing. If you didn't, its your fault for not doing any research of the game before buying.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:13 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammettf2b
You have no one to blame but yourself. You still bought the game knowing what it was missing. If you didn't, its your fault for not doing any research of the game before buying.
you're wrong on that. I knew about the game modes, EA didn't come clean about all the missing features. That news didn't break till last weekend. By the time i heard the news I had already preordered my digital copy weeks ago. The fact is the game was already downloaded onto my Ps4 by the time I read the news sunday night. EA handled this whole thing ver shady.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:24 PM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0

Hammett I hope you are joking dude. There is zero detailed information on the game, I was trying to find out how the draft works in this game (and I still am) but even EA's own website has NO information about their own damn game, the NHL 15 'official' website is basically an advertising pamphlet to sell the game. That's how I ended up finding this forum, because I am getting more information from other gamers than EA themselves.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:34 PM   #5
Rookie

Hammettf2b's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM_Obi-Wan
you're wrong on that. I knew about the game modes, EA didn't come clean about all the missing features. That news didn't break till last weekend. By the time i heard the news I had already preordered my digital copy weeks ago. The fact is the game was already downloaded onto my Ps4 by the time I read the news sunday night. EA handled this whole thing ver shady.
Although I do agree that it did seem pretty shady, but if you could live with Be A Pro before you can live with it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russian_rocket
Hammett I hope you are joking dude. There is zero detailed information on the game, I was trying to find out how the draft works in this game (and I still am) but even EA's own website has NO information about their own damn game, the NHL 15 'official' website is basically an advertising pamphlet to sell the game. That's how I ended up finding this forum, because I am getting more information from other gamers than EA themselves.
Seems like you were doing you research in the wrong areas. When EA Access launched most ppl wanting the game found out what was wrong with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 07:24 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Dunno Hammett. If a game mode is confirmed I would actually expect it to be the same standard as before. For Be a Pro, the said they took out the "Live the Life" thing, which to me would suggest only the text stuff/interviews were not available (I think thats also what they said). I would suppose not many would have much of a beef with that as it was useless to begin with but not having the option to sim to next shift, playing half of the game even if you are on the fourth line, no coach feedback and whatever was never mentioned.

This stuff makes BaP pretty much useless unless you want to be the highest super-duper scorer of all time. Thats worse than NHL 11!
Old 09-12-2014, 07:34 PM   #7
Rookie

I think you'll find most people do Their research long before the last weekend before launch. It was EA's responsibility to get this info out long before the EA Access came out. I think we can all come to a reasonable conclusion that they did not internationally. If it had been just a couple little items you could write it off as oversight, but not this long laundry list. I think it's fair to assume most people spent one of the last summer weather weekends outside doing things and not hanging out on video game forums looking for info on a game they already preordered. And no, Be a pro is completely ruined and unplayable .

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »