Home

Ai dump ins

This is a discussion on Ai dump ins within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-14-2023, 07:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ai dump ins

I love nhl 24 it's so fun and the good teams beat the bad teams. I however would like to know how I get the a.i to dump the pump in more and become less of a punk hogs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2023, 11:27 PM   #2
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
Ai dump ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by tullyd
I love nhl 24 it's so fun and the good teams beat the bad teams. I however would like to know how I get the a.i to dump the pump in more and become less of a punk hogs.

Go to strategies for the cpu, and each line there is a carry/dump slider. Put a line that is dump heavy to 8/10 or even 9/10.

For example the Islanders, outside of the Barzal line the 2nd,3rd, 4th lines I have set it to 9/10 or even 10/10 as they are known to do in real life.

I also might add, the cpu dumps the puck pretty good this year ( as in frequency), because I just recently learned that you can get more height and more strength in your dumps by holding the R2 button and then push up on the R stick (just like when you shoot). The cpu also uses this for dump ins, and I was wondering why they dumped it slightly stronger than my dump ins (hold R1 button).

It's STILL underpowered dumps by the cpu and definitely needs a patch to make it stronger like last year. But the frequency of dumps are not a problem if you just take the time to edit the teams' lines of the cpu opponent.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by phillyfan23; 10-15-2023 at 06:24 AM.
Old 10-15-2023, 08:38 AM   #3
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Ai dump ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
Go to strategies for the cpu, and each line there is a carry/dump slider. Put a line that is dump heavy to 8/10 or even 9/10.

For example the Islanders, outside of the Barzal line the 2nd,3rd, 4th lines I have set it to 9/10 or even 10/10 as they are known to do in real life.

I also might add, the cpu dumps the puck pretty good this year ( as in frequency), because I just recently learned that you can get more height and more strength in your dumps by holding the R2 button and then push up on the R stick (just like when you shoot). The cpu also uses this for dump ins, and I was wondering why they dumped it slightly stronger than my dump ins (hold R1 button).

It's STILL underpowered dumps by the cpu and definitely needs a patch to make it stronger like last year. But the frequency of dumps are not a problem if you just take the time to edit the teams' lines of the cpu opponent.

If you do this in Franchise mode or Play Now, does it stick for the CPU team the next time you play them? Or do you have to do it all the time?
Old 10-15-2023, 11:19 AM   #4
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

Ai dump ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
If you do this in Franchise mode or Play Now, does it stick for the CPU team the next time you play them? Or do you have to do it all the time?

It will stick for all modes if you make the changes at edit lines at the roster section. What won't stick is if you chengenthe cpu strategies after play now teams select...

Old 10-27-2023, 11:02 AM   #5
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Re: Ai dump ins

I'm using AlTito's sliders and the CPU dumps the puck in quite a bit, I'm not sure what setting causes this, but you might want to take a look at those or ask him directly.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »