Home

NHL 24 Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 24 Impressions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-04-2023, 04:34 PM   #65
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 24 Impressions

Installed the 10 hr Trial. Spent 30 minute recreating my created Goalie from every year. Then spent about 10-15 minutes editing the gameplay sliders.

Started my career. Before the puck drop, I went to the controller settings... No option for goalie controls except auto-cover. No options to change the goalie controls to classic like they said. No options to turn off the goalie tethering. Back to the game, puck dropped. Pushed my goalie forward out of the crease. Watched him being pulled back on a tether, just like in the BETA.

Paused the game with 19:57 to go in the 1st period. Exited the Application. Uninstalled the game... The end.

Every year it gets easier and easier to not play this game. Thank you EA!!

Can't wait for the NHL 25 Technical Test announcment!!

Last edited by VeNOM3099; 10-04-2023 at 04:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2023, 04:44 PM   #66
Rookie

SportsGamer89's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNOM3099
Installed the 10 hr Trial. Spent 30 minute recreating my created Goalie from every year. Then spent about 10-15 minutes editing the gameplay sliders.

Started my career. Before the puck drop, I went to the controller settings... No option for goalie controls except auto-cover. No options to change the goalie controls to classic like they said. No options to turn off the goalie tethering. Back to the game, puck dropped. Pushed my goalie forward out of the crease. Watched him being pulled back on a tether, just like in the BETA.

Paused the game with 19:57 to go in the 1st period. Exited the Application. Uninstalled the game... The end.

Every year it gets easier and easier to not play this game. Thank you EA!!

Can't wait for the NHL 25 Technical Test announcment!!

Cool story. But those goalie options are going to be patched in soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2023, 05:00 PM   #67
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer89
Cool story. But those goalie options are going to be patched in soon.

I will actually believe it when I see it, just like Hybrid Controls... So I was put in my place that Steve Noah does not work for EA and his information about Day One 10/3 patch was incorrect in the article he posted. So I ventured to EA's message boards, and they have a Community Manager talking head that will only say "Post launch" so this could be in ten minutes, Friday or December... No one knows and no one is saying anything...

I don't blame Venom for uninstalling. I also am peeved that someone made the decision to take out Hybrid Controls... Someone... Who, should be addressed because what else will they try to remove in future offerings? The person(s) decision to remove the real legacy controls has alienated many.

I am not a skill stick guy. I won't be a skill stick guy. It has made the game ballerinos on ice with the deking from end to end... I don't play online, so for those that say "you need to learn to use the skill stick or you are a hack" are the reasons I don't play online. Brian Boitano is not a hockey player, but the skill stick mimics his moves better than it does an NHL player... I am sure there is a way to do a triple Salchow followed by a Triple Lutz before taking the shot on goal... Wait, I have seen it by most gamertags followed by a QC...

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!

Last edited by gsize19; 10-04-2023 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-04-2023, 05:02 PM   #68
Rookie

SportsGamer89's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsize19
I will actually believe it when I see it, just like Hybrid Controls... So I was put in my place that Steve Noah does not work for EA and his information about Day One 10/3 patch was incorrect in the article he posted. So I ventured to EA's message boards, and they have a Community Manager talking head that will only say "Post launch" so this could be in ten minutes, Friday or December... No one knows and no one is saying anything...

I don't blame Venom for uninstalling. I also am peeved that someone made the decision to take out Hybrid Controls... Someone... Who, should be addressed because what else will they try to remove in future offerings? The person(s) decision to remove the real legacy controls has alienated many.

I am not a skill stick guy. I won't be a skill stick guy. It has made the game ballerinos on ice with the deking from end to end... I don't play online, so for those that say "you need to learn to use the skill stick or you are a hack" are the reasons I don't play online. Brian Boitano is not a hockey player, but the skill stick mimics his moves better than it does an NHL player... I am sure there is a way to do a triple Salchow followed by a Triple Lutz before taking the shot on goal...

Agreed that they shouldn’t of taken those options out, but at least they’re going to patch them back in at some point. They at least listened to the fans, and there will be a day 1 patch. Day 1 isn’t until Friday guys.

Old 10-04-2023, 05:16 PM   #69
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer89
Agreed that they shouldn’t of taken those options out, but at least they’re going to patch them back in at some point. They at least listened to the fans, and there will be a day 1 patch. Day 1 isn’t until Friday guys.

I hope you are right, but my bet is going on early to mid-November before Hybrid Controls are put back in, if even then because there is no one from the development team talking or giving dates...

It shouldn't be rocket science, they took them out, push the code to put them back in and while they are at it, change the stick lift on Hybrid from the X button to a different button... I get so many slashing penalties setting up for a one timer... The was a Rammer decision about 6 years ago and they never listened to us then, so I growing to have even little to no faith in EA developers the older I get... They only care about their money mode (Hut) and now have added some ridiculous Battle Pass to cater more to the arcade crowd...

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!
Old 10-04-2023, 05:35 PM   #70
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PernellKarl076
Of course playing shorter periods would help… Like 4-5 minutes, but that was not my intentions while testing 24. I wanted to compare what I have right now with 23 with the same period length….

That being said, I would never play games that length, it is way too quick for me and I don’t get to actually be immersed in the game I’m playing. Or else it just feels like it’s one game after the other with no real meaning.

Also, it goes to show what kind of gameplay you have if you can have REAL GAME STATS in about 3-4 minutes periods 😳😫
I think it proves to everyone that the game has changed a lot. My biggest gripe last year was playing the default 8-10 minute periods would have no action and low shot totals whereas in 21 I had high shot totals on 6 minutes. I also thought it was way too easy on Superstar last year and it’s definitely much more of a challenge this year.

I play Superstar 7-8 minute periods and I’ve had realistic stats. Also regarding a lot of what you mentioned about the pressure system and goalies, they already said that will be patched based on the community feedback from the technical test. So there will be a lot of tuning happening in the near future.
Old 10-04-2023, 05:37 PM   #71
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsize19
I hope you are right, but my bet is going on early to mid-November before Hybrid Controls are put back in, if even then because there is no one from the development team talking or giving dates...

It shouldn't be rocket science, they took them out, push the code to put them back in and while they are at it, change the stick lift on Hybrid from the X button to a different button... I get so many slashing penalties setting up for a one timer... The was a Rammer decision about 6 years ago and they never listened to us then, so I growing to have even little to no faith in EA developers the older I get... They only care about their money mode (Hut) and now have added some ridiculous Battle Pass to cater more to the arcade crowd...
I won’t defend the decision to take it out since I think it was stupid, but putting it back in is not that easy. They have to test every aspect of gameplay and in every mode and situation. If they completely took it out, it’s double work since they have to put it back in and make sure it doesn’t break anything else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2023, 08:00 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feros Ferio 7
They took out the skating backwards button?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I also was wondering about this

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »