Home

Hockey Night in Canada 2K-EA Style

This is a discussion on Hockey Night in Canada 2K-EA Style within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-03-2023, 01:01 PM   #1
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

OVR: 0
Hockey Night in Canada 2K-EA Style

IMG_2023-09-03-125542.jpeg

The month of September just started and the hockey fever is gonna hit pretty soon, that’s why there’s no better time to present to you boys and girls HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA 2K-EA STYLE 😀

This is a culmination of gameplay tweaks, fixes and EXTENSIVE testing over the past year, that makes a HUGE difference in the game. That is why, me and the boys are believing that this gameplay is a fusion of what 2K and EA did BEST in the gameplay department.

GetThePuckOut, zevon_99 and myself worked our butts off in the past month and a half to bring this amazing Gameplay that we will probably play for years and years to come 😀 Thanks also to gsize19 and phillyfan23 for their input !

The best from all of this, is that the game can be played on PRO, ALL STAR and SUPERSTAR difficulty without skipping a beat… Also, this SETUP can be played on BAP, CPU vs CPU, Coach mode, Versus, Season and Franchise Mode.

Here are the MAJOR changes from my setup that brings this game to a level of 2K-EA style:

▶️ SKATING

The skating has always been better in 2K IMO. In EA players seems to always be on Red Bull or something. No sense of proper acceleration so to speak. This is where we hit a home run (Thx GTPO) and that defines the gameplay even more because of it. By lowering the SKATING ACCELERATION at 0 and leaving SKATING SPEED at 100, it brings that smoothnesses in the animation that wasn’t there before. It looks way more natural, it tempers the game even more, the pace is incredible, and by doing this, it ties all the other gameplay parts really well !

Hockey is a very fast sport, and don’t worry this change is not gonna affect the real speed of the game. Players have been clocked by having the same speed as their real life counterparts in a practice setup 😀

The 1st. period you will try this, you will have a shock ! Meaning you will probably not like it, but trust me, by the end of the game you won’t even notice it and the game plays so FREAKIN GOOD and now the skating looks amazing on top of this !

▶️ HITTING

The hitting portion also received an overhaul. Not by allot, but with the skating changes the hitting has also been improved. By putting the 2 STUMBLE sliders at 0 and the hitting POWER at 0 also, it brought even more to the forefront the ATTRIBUTES of the players, the speed, the size, preparedness and incidental contacts to have a real natural feel to it. Almost no more wonky animations and you can feel the players weight on their skates on every hit…

The hitting has never felt so good and the NHL numbers are there also in the stats department after a game 😀

▶️ POWERPLAYS

Another area where I think that the game needed help. On PRO (cpu difficulty at 3) you will see the Most amazing powerplays this game has ever seen. The AI set’s up very nicely and they cycle the puck way better. Even on SUPERSTAR with a few minor tweaks we've made and with the skating and hitting overhaul, the players seems to protect the puck better and cycle and setup way better.

▶️ DMEN

For people that didn’t know already, these guys have gone through a MAJOR revamp in my roster over the past year.

DMen that are more whiling and able in the Offensive zone. DMen that will carry the puck more often. They will take more Slapshots, more One Timers, more SnapShots when the time is right. DMen that you are not afraid to pass the puck anymore, especially when you are player locked as a forward….

You will also have to face them on the opposing team… It changes the whole dynamics of the game IMO. You now have to FEAR them and cover them way better !

Giving some love to these guys that EA left behind… Makar, Josi, Fox and friends should now be proud 😀

▶️ PLAYER SEPARATION

Player Separation has never been more prevalent with this setup. Make a blunder on defense and guys like Mackinnon and McDavid will blow right past you and probably go on a breakaway… The acceleration at 0 is where this shines also, when you turn back and start to pedal to catch a mistake, you’ll feel like in a real hockey game. Sometimes there’s nothing you can do…

I’m playing a game with the Montreal Canadiens right now as we speak and I’m also LW 🔒 meaning that on the 1st line, I play with Cole Caufield where he feels light, speedy and agile, but as soon as I change for the second line, I control Juraj Slafkovsky where he feels like a 6’3, 238 lbs. in his skating, weight and power when he hits. The difference is NIGHT and DAY and I love it 😀

———————————————-

Me and the boys also STRONGLY recommend that you play the game on PLAYER LOCK. Also on ACTION CAMERA (AUTO ZOOM)… THIS is the setup to have a TRUE TO LIFE hockey feel. You have no idea of how it feels before you try this for a couple of games.

Here’s a link of one of my thread where I strongly recommend this:

A GUIDE TO PLAYER LOCK

*** VERY IMPORTANT: This whole setup plays the BEST in conjunction with the roster in my SETUP Thread and also with the Sliders set AS IS…. One wrong value at the wrong place and the game can go out of whack in a heartbeat 😳

The roster is now available on Next Gen XBOX. Meaning Series S and X. And now proud to say that it’s also available on PS5 thanks to GTPO 😀

That is it for now, you can click on my Signature to go directly to the Setup/Slider thread where all these changes have been made. Me and the boys, when testing the gameplay, are always saying, "if only people would get to experience what we are experiencing right now, it would be amazing." Well now, you get to enjoy it also 😀

Boys if I forgot something, let me know 🤔 I will also post videos demonstrating all of this in the near future 😀 Thanks for reading this !

HAVE FUN !
Follow me on your favourite TUBE (Videos backstories often in my Slider Thread)

Last edited by PernellKarl076; 09-05-2023 at 07:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2023, 02:57 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Hockey Night in Canada 2K-EA Style

Mesdames et Messieurs,
Ladies and Gentleman, I proudly present you the ultimate hockey experience presented by PKGTPOZ,

just finished the PS5 Roster!
Old 09-05-2023, 07:32 PM   #3
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

THIS IS FREAKIN AWESOME 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼😀

A HUGE Thanks to GetThePuckOut for his awesome work on all of this ! I know how much work goes behind all of this and this is HUGE !

I came across this guy in my other slider thread last year, and now I can say that we have the greatest relationship 2 hockey gameplay freaks can have 😉😀 So many hours behind all the testing, tweaking and fixes is gonna bring all the next GEN Consoles the best hockey gameplay ever in my opinion…

Now you guys have no more excuses, go ahead have fun !

Will update the main page in a few 😀
Attached Images
File Type: gif IMG_0528.gif (1.91 MB, 279 views)
Old 09-06-2023, 03:41 AM   #4
Rookie

Hey man, I wanted to thank you for all the work involved in this.
I cannot enjoy NHL 23 because:
- it misses full presentation and CPU goal replays
- lines do not show up at face off
But NHL 22 does not suffer from these, so I tried Speed = 100 and ACC = 0 in NHL 22, along with your sliders and D-men roster, and man, it's awesome.
Thank you again!
Old 09-06-2023, 09:36 AM   #5
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebottomturtle
Hey man, I wanted to thank you for all the work involved in this.
I cannot enjoy NHL 23 because:
- it misses full presentation and CPU goal replays
- lines do not show up at face off
But NHL 22 does not suffer from these, so I tried Speed = 100 and ACC = 0 in NHL 22, along with your sliders and D-men roster, and man, it's awesome.
Thank you again!

This is GREAT ! Thanks allot for the nice feedback man !

We need feedback like this for us to keep going, that’s what drives us, it’s certainly not for the money 😉

And as long as you found a way to enjoy all of this, that’s what it’s all about 😀
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2023, 01:49 PM   #6
Rookie

Exclamation Re: Hockey Night in Canada 2K-EA Style

What I also love is when your players have been on the ice for too long, they make more mistakes, react slower....and skating to the bench with heavy legs....I loooove to see these little things...same like a player fresh of the bench is skating like McJesus or they hitting harder....
Looooooove it!

We don’t need gauges or PRESSURE on the boards to remind us, lol !
Old 09-06-2023, 03:05 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PernellKarl076
This is GREAT ! Thanks allot for the nice feedback man !

We need feedback like this for us to keep going, that’s what drives us, it’s certainly not for the money 😉

And as long as you found a way to enjoy all of this, that’s what it’s all about 😀
I do not see your updated rosters on xbox series s
Old 09-06-2023, 03:30 PM   #8
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by octobump
I do not see your updated rosters on xbox series s

For real ? I’m on series X… Are they not supposed to be the same on next Gen ?

Anyway if they are the roster is: PK76 FULL60 Gameplay, dated July 21st.

Let me know if you still can’t find it… Thanks !

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »