Home

Roster sharing?

This is a discussion on Roster sharing? within the EA Sports NHL Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-25-2017, 10:15 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Roster sharing?

Will this be able to happen this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 10:50 PM   #2
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Roster sharing?

Haven't seen anything about it, so I assume no.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-28-2017, 10:50 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

How bout like in Madden 18 roster communities?
Old 09-15-2017, 01:41 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 6

Nope. No roster share once again

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2017, 04:33 PM   #5
Rookie

bisons18's Arena

OVR: 5

Another year with bad roster update...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2017, 03:03 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just love how EA is only giving maybe 20% of what they COULD do to make the NHL series better. Plus using the 20% only on creating more mascots and programming a 3 vs 3 mode that the core gamers don't really care about.

The sales are already very low compared to other franchises (Madden, FIFA etc.). Sure, those sports are more popular as well, but seriously. When you compare the games, both of them are better. NHL is just so empty. It features the core gameplay, which is ok to pretty good right now, but franchise mode sucks and no roster sharing is just a shame.

If they continue this path for the next years, I'm sure that there will be no NHL game in the future anymore. Even the last customer will stop buying this copy-paste product in the future.

I, for myself, am just tired of it.

Last edited by Honni; 09-17-2017 at 03:35 AM.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:41 AM   #7
Just started!

OVR: 0

Does anyone know if EA updates the draft classes when they update NHL rosters? I noticed in for the 2018 draft in franchise mode they're barely any "real players" (pictures and actual draft prospects). Do these get updated throughout the year?
Old 09-20-2017, 03:59 PM   #8
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhead214
Does anyone know if EA updates the draft classes when they update NHL rosters? I noticed in for the 2018 draft in franchise mode they're barely any "real players" (pictures and actual draft prospects). Do these get updated throughout the year?
In the past:

EA will release a roster update, probably mid-late oct, with most of the NHL rookies in it, because they'll have played their first games. They'll also edit some player attributes.

Then, hopefully early-mid November, they'll update the CHL teams, and hopefully most of the Euro leagues.

After that, you pretty much have to go around editing current prospects, and creating the other ones (the Casey Mittelstadt types, who are playing in leagues not covered in this game).

There's a lot of guys who will be in the 18 draft already in the game as CHL'ers, so you can spend the time editing them now, but yeah, definitely missing a lot of guys until the 2nd update.

It's a shame that they don't have a roster sharing system similar to Madden, NBA and MLB the Show, because we could all sort this out within the first couple weeks after release, instead of listening to EA devs cry about how few of them there are, and how it's a long process to add guys, but unfortunately for now, we'll have to wait.

Edit: Guys that get added (Most of the 16 year olds in the CHL) won't have pictures.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters »