Home

Be A GM Editing - problems advancing year

This is a discussion on Be A GM Editing - problems advancing year within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-24-2015, 09:38 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Be A GM Editing - problems advancing year

I am trying to make some changes to Be A GM using the DB Editor. I have been able to figure out what a lot of various keys and value in the database mean. I can start a new Be A GM and then through the editor:

- advance the season from 2014-2015 to 2015-2016
- correct the schedule
- make sure correct year's draft picks load
- correct all date related items in the file
- and so forth....

When I load the file back up on the console everything looks right. The season is right, the schedule is right, the draft is right, etc...everything looks right.

The problem is that as soon as I advance the date on the calendar in the game it appears as though it is trying to calculate something and then after about 10-15 seconds it freezes. I have done multiple side-by-side comparisons to other Be A GM files and have yet to figure out what might be causing this to happen.

Has anyone tried to something like this and if so were they able to figure out what needs to be updated in the database to prevent the game from freezing?

Last edited by Aaenuel; 07-24-2015 at 09:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2015, 11:43 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Be A GM Editing - problems advancing year

After spending several days on this I think it is time to shelf the idea. I tried several ways to "end around" the problem but couldn't. I believe the issue is tied to the actual Be A GM information itself (i.e. your GM skill, your team history, etc...) and those items are not part of any of the currently available editors. The knowledge on how to extract and edit that information from the save file is beyond me.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:10 PM   #3
Pro

I know I said I was going to give up on this but...well...I am stubborn. I may have actually been able to find the part of the save file where all of the GM related data is located. Using a hex editor I was able to do some comparisons and think I found the offset addresses for things like GM Rep and TP Points. If I am in the right section, then with some luck I may also be able to find the season in there. Of course...I could still be completely on the wrong path.

Last edited by Aaenuel; 08-02-2015 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-09-2015, 02:25 AM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0

The knowledge on how to extract and edit that information from the save file is beyond me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »