Home

NHL 14 vs NHL 15 Be a GM Mode

This is a discussion on NHL 14 vs NHL 15 Be a GM Mode within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-06-2015, 07:30 PM   #1
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2
NHL 14 vs NHL 15 Be a GM Mode

I'm very disappointed in the GM mode for the new gen version of NHL 15 so I'm thinking of picking up a XBOX 360 copy of NHL 15.

I'm wondering if there is any differences between the NHL 14 GM mode and the NHL 15 GM mode. Is there anything missing like in next gen?

Specifically, can you edit player equipment, can you super sim games play-by-play and do they show the goal total for the entire season when you score with a player or just the total for the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2015, 07:35 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: NHL 14 vs NHL 15 Be a GM Mode

Yes you can edit equipment. Also, there is full use of the AHL. Another plus is that when you trade goalies, their pads and equipment automatically transfer to the new team colors. I had the PS4 copy, and though it looks better aesthetically, nhl 15 for previous gen is a much better choice-unless you have no issue with only playing "play now" games of course!
Old 02-10-2015, 02:19 PM   #3
Rookie

Yundtder's Arena

OVR: 0

There are a few differences.

Trade values are very different, mid level prospects are now worth something, and the high level ones are valued accordingly.
First round picks are HUGELY inflated over 14, which Id call much more accurate over 14 where I can buy some first round picks in December for a few spare parts or lower end prospects.. SO thats much more realistic over 14.

Contracts, lengths and terms are different, more so for players over 30, you can now offer them longer term, with a shorter cap hit, but be careful, this can bite you in the *** hard as when 90% of players hit 34-36, their ratings drop like a rock, and teams actually in alot of cases, wont take the player/contract in a trade leaving you stuck with a low 80 player that you probably signed as a high 80 top 6 guy a year ago.
So use some strategy with this, makes you think like a real GM in alot of cases.
Prospects sign decent before they hit their prime, but top ones demand the money real early as always.
Some mid level prospects you can bridge contract with or in a lucky case, grab a guy before he hits his prime in an 8 year, 1way deal but the money stays under 1mil.

The play is better than 14, some small changes make it worth upgrading, if you are big into GM Mode and playing some games.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:36 PM   #4
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

As Yundtder said: "The play is better than 14, some small changes make it worth upgrading, if you are big into GM Mode and playing some games. "

However, as EA always does, when they progress they regress at the same time. One thing that has got my goat is hitting. While in '14, playing a 10 minute period would yield realistic shots, goals, and hits, this years iterations will not. Hitting will suffer anemic results because EA has yet to find a way to tally hits correctly.

It's not a game breaker, as hitting in real life is a bit of a subjective stat, but it there better results last year.

And as always, penalties will be a problem. No different than '14, if you play a lot of games, your team will be at the bottom of the pp and pk categories.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:49 AM   #5
Pro

Dougie_G_93's Arena

OVR: 0

How are rookies handled in nhl15 beagm? I know in 14 they would always get sent back to juniors, no matter their rating, had MacKinnon at a 81 and he got sent back every time.
Very irritating bug since Ekblad is about to become #2 all time in rookie points by a d-man passing Bobby Orr.......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2015, 10:25 AM   #6
Pro

T5063's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie_G_93
How are rookies handled in nhl15 beagm? I know in 14 they would always get sent back to juniors, no matter their rating, had MacKinnon at a 81 and he got sent back every time.
Very irritating bug since Ekblad is about to become #2 all time in rookie points by a d-man passing Bobby Orr.......
With October rosters I've seen Ekblad get sent down since he's 75 overall. In the latest roster update he's an 83. Not sure if he gets sent down, I'm guessing not since he's the second or third best defenceman on the panthers at that point.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:40 PM   #7
Rookie

Nygs's Arena

OVR: 1

I play 20 min periods with maxed penalty sliders in 14 and am #1 in PP. I usually average 3-6 pp's a game. That might help with the low penalties. This is on PS3. I am curious though, how the goaltending is in the last gen version. 14 is a pain in the @#!, is 15's AI logic any better?
Old 03-14-2015, 01:04 AM   #8
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

playing 14.

its funny, when i just finished my playoffs, the penalties were spot on. in fact, in my first game has 8 pen for them and 7 for me. there were two fights early. i started one right off a face off. i cant remember if the ref even dropped the puck but i was just feeling ornery.

when i protect the puck more and pass around a lot, i get way more penalties. fights seem to help with chargings and boardings as the game wears on also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »