Home

Is nhl 14 worth the jump from NHL 13? Goal scoring easier?

This is a discussion on Is nhl 14 worth the jump from NHL 13? Goal scoring easier? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-18-2014, 04:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is nhl 14 worth the jump from NHL 13? Goal scoring easier?

I know what some purists will say... That they hate easier goal scoring. But is nhl 14 goal scoring really easier? I'm okay with that . NHL 13 can be infuriating and I am thinking about making the jump for easier goal scoring and a Fighting and hit system that is much better/fun. Is all of this true? Is it worth the jump?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2014, 09:41 PM   #2
Rookie

Garism's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Is nhl 14 worth the jump from NHL 13? Goal scoring easier?

Think of it this way. It's NHL 13.5 with better hitting/fighting system.

I pay roughly $40 each year for the game (E3 deal), and I would say $40 is worth the upgrade each year considering I play online.

But if you're an offline player, just looking for a better hitting/fighting system. Then no stick with NHL 13. It's more or less the same game.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:25 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garism
Think of it this way. It's NHL 13.5 with better hitting/fighting system.

I pay roughly $40 each year for the game (E3 deal), and I would say $40 is worth the upgrade each year considering I play online.

But if you're an offline player, just looking for a better hitting/fighting system. Then no stick with NHL 13. It's more or less the same game.

Well after playing NHL 14 all day... Man ohhhhh man is scoring easier ... One timers are hard but shots top corner go in at will. I like it much better then 13'. Hated the super goalies
Old 02-24-2014, 10:41 AM   #4
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

In '14 you generally get rewarded for creating better chances and you will score more from the areas in which you should score from. On '13 I would play a World Tournament as USA or Canada and in the first round out shoot Japan 60-10 and win 2-1 beacuse of super goalie. And my 60 shots would be from between the circles. That doesn't happen as much on '14.

If scoring is too easy just move down the shooting accuracy slider.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:39 AM   #5
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Building off the original question.....how much of a jump is '14 from '11 for a "Casual" offline only player? Prior to '11, my previous version was '08, and frankly I didn't notice a huge difference between those two (as I mentioned, I am a pretty casual NHL player, so there are probably many details I am not educated enough to notice). And it seems that much of the recent effort has gone towards online modes which I don't use.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2014, 08:11 AM   #6
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Building off the original question.....how much of a jump is '14 from '11 for a "Casual" offline only player? Prior to '11, my previous version was '08, and frankly I didn't notice a huge difference between those two (as I mentioned, I am a pretty casual NHL player, so there are probably many details I am not educated enough to notice). And it seems that much of the recent effort has gone towards online modes which I don't use.
I went from 07 to 09 to 11 and now to 13.

Great ride.......I feel 13 is the closet to sim I ever have experienced. Goals are not nearly as easy......but I do have games I score a lot and some games I don't.

I am using TNK's Pro Sliders, with Auto Aim and some of my own personal tweaks here and there. The game is smooth, fun and feels realisitc for me and I am a casual Hockey fan/gamer.

I had read too much about bouncing pucks, and far easier goal scoring in 14. I also dont care about fighting in Hockey.
NHL25 - Panthers YR1 (2-1)
MLB 20 The Show - Classic Rosters and Yankees YR8
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 02-25-2014, 08:59 AM   #7
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

NHL 13 is the greatest hockey game ever IMHO. With the basketball puck and ease of scoring, NHL 14 was a step backwards.

To each their own though. The fighting gets bored really fast and the skating engine in NHL 13 is so much better than in 14.

In NHL 13 I have games where I score 6 goals and then games when I score 1 or 2, even a shutout here and there.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:57 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13

It really is a personal choice, about what makes a game "fun" to you. For me, the series peaked with NHL 10 and has been pretty stagnant since. I only play offline BeAGM, and there has been very little change since 10 in this area. Yes, puck and hitting physics are incrementally better each yeaer, so now they are better than they were in 10, but, for me, the game has never been more "fun" than 10. I envy you folks who were smart enough to buy every other year. I bought the game each year (including this one), and each year felt like I got taken. The advancement from year to year, to me, is not nearly worth the price of a new game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »