Home

GM Suggestions?

This is a discussion on GM Suggestions? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-04-2013, 12:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
GM Suggestions?

Finding it really difficult to select a team to stick with in Be A Gm. I have tried Buffalo and Florida. Im looking for a team that would be a challenge to rebuild. Suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2013, 01:58 AM   #2
Pro

Tsuki's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: GM Suggestions?

Instead of looking for a simple rebuild I suggest a themed GM experience for example:

BLOW UP THE PENGUINS: this one is simple trade crosby, malkin, letang and any prospects with a full 4 1/2 stars or more for really anything you can get. Start from there.

BROKEN WINGS: Keep Ovie and Backstrom however trade all your 80+ forwards for picks and only use those picks to draft Dmen. Basically play with the Caps without having a fully well-rounded offensive team while solely focusing on defense development wise.

LETS STAY TOGETHER: Play as the Blackhawks keeping Towes, Hossa, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, Sharp and Hjallmarsson as the remaining members of the 2010 campaign this sounds easy but after a season the contracts may get expensive that means sacrfices may have to be made. Perhaps no Crawford or having to let go of all those juicy prospects. Dont whine make it happen.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #3
MVP

seb170455's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuki
Instead of looking for a simple rebuild I suggest a themed GM experience for example:

BLOW UP THE PENGUINS: this one is simple trade crosby, malkin, letang and any prospects with a full 4 1/2 stars or more for really anything you can get. Start from there.

BROKEN WINGS: Keep Ovie and Backstrom however trade all your 80+ forwards for picks and only use those picks to draft Dmen. Basically play with the Caps without having a fully well-rounded offensive team while solely focusing on defense development wise.

LETS STAY TOGETHER: Play as the Blackhawks keeping Towes, Hossa, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, Sharp and Hjallmarsson as the remaining members of the 2010 campaign this sounds easy but after a season the contracts may get expensive that means sacrfices may have to be made. Perhaps no Crawford or having to let go of all those juicy prospects. Dont whine make it happen.
Maybe this is something you like:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ver-nhl13.html

Or you could rebuilt the Flames/Stars
Old 11-06-2013, 05:42 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

With rebuild teams you can cheat other teams easy enough to make your self a contender right away or you can do what I do mostly sim the first 1-3 season build your team a bit then work with that and really push for the cup
Old 11-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I may be biased but Dallas is always fun. Very young team, good prospects, with two studs in Seguin and Benn, and a great tendy with Kari Lehtonen. Not to mention two very good looking home and away sweaters.
Dallas Mavericks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2013, 11:02 PM   #6
Pro

Tsuki's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermc
With rebuild teams you can cheat other teams easy enough to make your self a contender right away or you can do what I do mostly sim the first 1-3 season build your team a bit then work with that and really push for the cup
Or sim-play-sim-play-sim-play seasons

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »