Home

I have to say it, NHL 14 is the worst version in the past 4 years.

This is a discussion on I have to say it, NHL 14 is the worst version in the past 4 years. within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
I have to say it, NHL 14 is the worst version in the past 4 years.

Just so many damn things adding up to a very frustrating experience, I am actually surprised it turned out this bad, I was expecting something different even though I am not a fan of EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 12:02 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I have to say it, NHL 14 is the worst version in the past 4 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROGtheNailer
Just so many damn things adding up to a very frustrating experience, I am actually surprised it turned out this bad, I was expecting something different even though I am not a fan of EA.
That's why folks still mod NHL 09 on their pc's.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:10 AM   #3
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKNITE4LIFE
That's why folks still mod NHL 09 on their pc's.
And NHL 04. That game is even better than 09 on PC IMO. Anyway I can honestly say I am really proud of myself for not buying 14. Normally I eventually cave but I just don't even have the itch to play NHL at all which is weird now that the season is on it's 3rd week. Gall damn I pray something changes for next gen though. I can hold off on a hockey game for a year, but I don't know about 2 or more. It will definitely be interesting to see if EA's game plan with this game changes at all due to the significant decline in sales.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 10-18-2013, 01:11 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

The only reason I can fathom that people that hate the game, have clearly hated the game for years, are still playing and whining about it is that they are just mad that 2K hockey folded up. Now all they have left to do is cry about the game that killed off their favorite.

And for the record, I loved 2K hockey. I boycotted EA for years after they killed off 2K football. i think MLB 2K baseball is better than The Show. But the fact is, starting with the 09 version, EA's hockey game was just better. It was a combination of EA's improvement, along with 2K's failure.

Here's a hint. I hate Madden football. I try it every year, and it still fails to entertain me in the least. Now go look at the number of my posts in the Madden forums.

Think about it.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:41 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Oread
The only reason I can fathom that people that hate the game, have clearly hated the game for years, are still playing and whining about it is that they are just mad that 2K hockey folded up. Now all they have left to do is cry about the game that killed off their favorite.

And for the record, I loved 2K hockey. I boycotted EA for years after they killed off 2K football. i think MLB 2K baseball is better than The Show. But the fact is, starting with the 09 version, EA's hockey game was just better. It was a combination of EA's improvement, along with 2K's failure.

Here's a hint. I hate Madden football. I try it every year, and it still fails to entertain me in the least. Now go look at the number of my posts in the Madden forums.

Think about it.
Do You happen to notice how You put yourself on a pedestal and look down on everybody from there, thinking You have the only right and valid opinion about game(s) and how everyone else is just crying about nothing? What a moron...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 04:50 AM   #6
Rookie

NFL 2K will always be better then any madden game. NFL 2K5 was that game. But I stopped reading after you said MLB 2k is better then the Show. The Show is probably one of the best sports series out there. I don't play basketball, but I heard NBa 2k is a great series too. The NFL 2K series should stil be going strong like the NBA 2K. Damn shame...
Old 10-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP2419
NFL 2K will always be better then any madden game. NFL 2K5 was that game. But I stopped reading after you said MLB 2k is better then the Show. The Show is probably one of the best sports series out there. I don't play basketball, but I heard NBa 2k is a great series too. The NFL 2K series should stil be going strong like the NBA 2K. Damn shame...
That fact is exactly why I now worry about the WWE series, 2k has had a very rough time making their sim sports fun to play for the average gamer. WWE2k is just a spam of THQ's failure, but if they build their engine too complicated... I've found most people just want to max out their CAW and play 6-man HIAC's online.

Also, I believe the reason NBA2k sells is because 1) street ball, 2) soundtrack... Never heard any of my NBA friends talk about player progression in their third season.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Oread

Think about it.

Someone pls help this guy!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »