Home

This game stinks.

This is a discussion on This game stinks. within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
This game stinks.

First off, I own NHL 07 to NHL 14, I've played over 300 games in each franchise. This year's game feels so boring to me that I can't get in it. EA tried to add too much without taking the game experience into account. The fights are ridiculous, they market it as 'BIG changer' but it really feels dull as a user-controlled Chris Kunitz KO's Zdeno Chara. It feels like the fights have no smooth transition before the whistle and when you fight, it really becomes a vibe killer as the fighting button features are tedious.

Also, what's with players flying right, left and center. Huge hits are being dealt every single time, guys are literally flying into the boards. Marchand just layed out Drew Doughty like he weighed 90 lbs. The online to me is broken as player AI went down a notch, the players are NEVER where they're supposed to be and the fact the CPU players don't go to the puck when it's right near them makes it extremely frustrating. FINALLY, The dekes still look incredibly lame. What do you think of this year's game?

Last edited by Russo; 09-12-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: This game stinks.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...pressions.html
Old 09-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25

Slider changes fix ur issues
Old 09-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

i love it. It will probably be the best hockey game until around the 3rd year of the ps4's life. (like NHL 17), then it should be really good!
Old 09-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

Couldn't agree more! Just a remake from last year with a few extras... AI players NEVER in the right place, point players ALWAYS moving to the middle of the zone when the puck is running along the boards killing any attack, CPU players are ALWAYS sucked to lose pucks and gaining control, AI in own zone never seems to get lose pucks, CPU on attack ALWAYS gets to lose pucks no matter what, or how you defend the play, then controlled player(s) ALWAYS take this twirl-around animation when you take control of them giving the CPU way too much time to close in and stop the flow, no matter how you setup in front of your net, shots ALWAYS get through from the point in traffic, yet, the CPU ALWAYS finds a way to block your point shots... and on-and-on the flaws pile up. Really, really, wanted to like this game...!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Yeah, I decided to wait til Black Friday. It should be around $20 by then. Unfortunately, Redbox does not have it just yet.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #7
Rookie

ozcore's Arena

i couldnt agree with you more. i really feel like i got cheated. this exactly is nhl 13 with a roster update. graphics are really horrible this year, i just dont know how could they release a game like that, in my part i would be embarassed to release it. and nothing changed as far as presentation, like i said its really nhl 13. i really would like EA to take an example from sony who are making ``mlb the show`` you cant get any closer to realism with sony. they have a roster community which is very easy to look and download rosters, to tell you teh truth im surprised ea hasnt changed there way to download rosters which is very very annoying. thats it for now as i could go on, but i probably never buy another ea games if it continues this way.

Last edited by ozcore; 09-12-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #8
Rookie

elvis_13's Arena

Oops.....I accidentally sharted and a copy of HNL 14 came out. What a mess. I'll be right back
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »